• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No scrollbar on published prototype

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been watching this bug on other forums, even here... There's no scroll bar on published prototype, that's frustating trying to explain to my clientes how to access to the rest of the design, seriously, this is something very silly for you to fix it, please made my day!

TOPICS
Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

You're right, there's no scrollbar in the prototype.

In many apps, applications, and web browsers, as well on desktops and mobile, scrollbars are not always present anymore. Sometimes they do appear while you're scrolling. But it's a bit of a vague feature in most environments and operating systems (and also a user preference), so try not to make a big deal out of it. Any user will have got used to their own device and settings, whether or not to try scrolling.

Nevertheless, it could be an optio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, there's no scrollbar in the prototype.

In many apps, applications, and web browsers, as well on desktops and mobile, scrollbars are not always present anymore. Sometimes they do appear while you're scrolling. But it's a bit of a vague feature in most environments and operating systems (and also a user preference), so try not to make a big deal out of it. Any user will have got used to their own device and settings, whether or not to try scrolling.

Nevertheless, it could be an option if you prefer it.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs-read-only/suggestions/38111218-no-scrollba...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Peter,

So what is the solution for the scroll bar not showing?

Can we be given the option to turn it on or off in the XD share links menu?

Some of our people at my company can not scroll down without a scroll bar.

I had clients as well that could not scroll without the bar.

Also the scrolling on the preview is very rough, doesn't scroll smoothly and sometimes not at all when I'm using my scroll wheel on the mouse.

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry for the frustration. It does look like you are looking for this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34467730-show-scro... If so, I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

This is the best way of communicating with our engineering team.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Due to scroll bars being so foundational, this should not be difficult to implement. In our test sessions more than 20% of users struggled to navigate the pages due to lack of scrollbars. That's not an insignificant number. Users with mobility issues were also challenged to navigate the pages. The response of "try not to make a big deal about it" is very dismissive, and shows callousness towards users and customers. Our org simply cannot conduct unmoderated sessions using XD prototypes due to this "feature" being missing. This request has been outstanding since 2018 and no movement has been made on it. It seems like Adobe doesn't "want to make a big deal" out of user feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines