• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On XD 32 version, app crashes while opening the file.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK this is two versions in a row that have caused major issues with my files. The last version (31.2.12) caused me to have to roll back almost every project to a previous save. The files would open then bounce between saving, and loading. Sadly I installed this right before I had to give a presentation on a lage project and sadly had to reschedule till I could fix the issue. 

XD 32 is even worse. I try to open any of my files and they start to open. They get to about 50% open and the app crashes. I tried several things to fix it but ended up have to roll back the software to the previous version (31.2.12).

My boss is asking our entire team to start moving back to sketch because of the number of issues we are having. The worst being the crazy speed performance the app has using components on a Mac using Catalina. I saw that we are advised to use less complex components or decrease the number of states. But that would cause weeks of rework for our current project. We have really started spinning our wheels and progress has nearly halted due to these issues. We just ordered Mac Pros for our entire team just to try and meet the performance needs of the app. We are running out of time to complete our project and these delays and issues are sadly looking like they are going to make us all go back to a Sketch after our team faught to use Adobe XD because of our love and heavy use of Adobe products for decades. Please tell me when we can rely on XD to be running as efficiently as it was a year ago.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

WELP. I did not want to have to continue migrating this project to Sketch because our team early on decided to put our faith in Adobe XD. So late last night I decided I would try a few more things before jumping ship. I had a master component document going that I was linking to other design pages for prototyping and testing. I took the master component page and broke it up so each component has its own document. I am not yet sure how the prototyping and testing pages are going to handle this ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

We apologize for the frustration and we would feel the same in your situation. The Engineering team has really pulled their socks up for making better customer experience. We will try our best to investigate on your issue but for that we would need few details from you so that we can escalate it to our engineering team like the log file and the sample XD file. 

You may also get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that you can get immediate assistance on your issue.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, it's not helpful – but XD32 is hell, also for Plug-In developers, and you're not alone… 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you work with Cloud Files or local Files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using local files after the great slowdown that happened to cloud files using complex components on Mac. However, when the files would not open using XD 32.0.22 I went back to XD 31.2.12 and saved it to the cloud and tried "upgrading" again and still no luck. Today I tried 32.1.22 with the exact same results. I notived above that Adobe tried to offer if nothing else a response with a link that results in a 404 error. I have just assigned part of my team to start moving the files to SKETCH because if we can't upgrade to these current versions it will be impossible for us to hand off the files when the project is complete. We do not have time to be splitting our efforts like this and sadly could end in my losing my job for blowing past a deadline because of these issues. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!... since las update, each day have some crashes while opening the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yess... message twice. To write messages here is also full of bugs. HTML content errors, delays and more error messages because "I've added" HTML on the body of the message. 

Worst of all... Support community doesn't remember my credentials, so I've to login each time I want to write issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!... since last update, each day have some crashes while opening the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WELP. I did not want to have to continue migrating this project to Sketch because our team early on decided to put our faith in Adobe XD. So late last night I decided I would try a few more things before jumping ship. I had a master component document going that I was linking to other design pages for prototyping and testing. I took the master component page and broke it up so each component has its own document. I am not yet sure how the prototyping and testing pages are going to handle this change but I am somewhat hopeful. I also broke some of the more complex components up to ensure they stayed under the 20,000 layer restrictions. I then saved a local version and cloud version of each one and updated XD to 32.2.12. Success. I am able to open each document. 

One thing that truly annoyed me was that when I moved a component into a new page and then broke the link leaving the component as a native item to the new document it did not make the current instance of the component the master version. Luckily, this was not difficult to fix but it was time-consuming because of the number of components that needed to be fixed. In the end, this workaround will work for now. But I sure hope that this program can be made to be more stable in the future. This is one function of Sketch I really miss, having a page for your components within the document you are working on. But what can you do? You can't have it all I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines