Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity problems when exporting images - Adobe XD

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening

I made a simple banner in XD and used a layer opacity mode to create a special effect on it. When I try to export my banner, my transparency doesn't follow. I've tried saving as a PDF, PNG and a JPEG and always had the same result.

I don't understand why the opacity changes once I export my group. Anyone has any advice on this?

Thanks a lot,

TOPICS
Import and export , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble while exporting the object with opacity. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end on windows machine might have missed something. Could you please share the video of your workflow for better understanding? Please share the OS and XD version of your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

thank you for your quick reply and help. My apologies, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by sharing a video of my workflow. Do you mean that I record how I export my banner with my opacity problem?

The final banner is a result of many layers, here is the details of it all (I've attached a screenshot).

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 1.48.31 PM.png

I'm working on a Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6) and my XD is up to date (version 28.9.12.2)

Please let me know if you need any more information,

Have a good one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private message so that I can test at my end on Mac machine?

Please upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me over a private message. 

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I've sent the files over. Let me know if you have any trouble or if you need any more information. 

Thank you,

* Maxime * 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing the file. I will investigate on it and will share the update you soon.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. In XD:

matthiasd85637695_0-1591883740976.png

When exporting artboard to PDF:

matthiasd85637695_1-1591883776375.png

The pattern is asset (png) made in illustrator:

matthiasd85637695_2-1591883889987.png

Workround for me:

• Copy group of layers to AI
  • Export to PNG
  • Import PNG in XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthiasd,

Thank you for sharing the workaround solution that worked for you. It looks like this is happening because there are some unsupported features while importing in XD. Please see this article for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Not sure. I'm using a regular PNG. In XD I drag the opacity to 15%. So no patterns, blend modes etc.

matthiasd85637695_1-1591944738671.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines