Highlighted

OT | Eye dropper shortcut is not feature complete IMHO

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's great the Xd team finally realized just how lacking the color picker tool is....coming from say any of the other UI/UX design software on the market this product falls short. Feature summary | January and February 2019 release of Adobe XD

However I question how well your team actually thought through the eye dropper shortcut tool. From your release notes...

Select the object or group of objects that you'd like to change the color of, and use i on the keyboard to load the eyedropper cursor and select any color on the design canvas to modify the color of an object.

OK so you can't use the color picker for selected type within a type block? Huge oversight. Could have been easily solved by adding an additional activation key such as Control + c for color? Or something similar.

This tool has the potential to be great but stuff like this makes me  <facepalm>. You guys have to realize you are behind. People have muscle memory from apps they use all day long for years before this was born. We need flow. We change the color of a segment of selected type in a string and we need to do this w/o 3 clicks.

BTW all adobe web pages take for ever to load and it takes about 3 clicks to get to relevant release notes

All that aside the product has potential...but please think about real use cases, consider you have people trying to adopt your app or take a look who are coming from using industry standard programs like Sketch, Framer and InVision Studio...Adobe has a lot of catching up to do...don't make it harder on yourself or potential customers. You can still innovate w/o making new adopters suffer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

OT | Eye dropper shortcut is not feature complete IMHO

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's great the Xd team finally realized just how lacking the color picker tool is....coming from say any of the other UI/UX design software on the market this product falls short. Feature summary | January and February 2019 release of Adobe XD

However I question how well your team actually thought through the eye dropper shortcut tool. From your release notes...

Select the object or group of objects that you'd like to change the color of, and use i on the keyboard to load the eyedropper cursor and select any color on the design canvas to modify the color of an object.

OK so you can't use the color picker for selected type within a type block? Huge oversight. Could have been easily solved by adding an additional activation key such as Control + c for color? Or something similar.

This tool has the potential to be great but stuff like this makes me  <facepalm>. You guys have to realize you are behind. People have muscle memory from apps they use all day long for years before this was born. We need flow. We change the color of a segment of selected type in a string and we need to do this w/o 3 clicks.

BTW all adobe web pages take for ever to load and it takes about 3 clicks to get to relevant release notes

All that aside the product has potential...but please think about real use cases, consider you have people trying to adopt your app or take a look who are coming from using industry standard programs like Sketch, Framer and InVision Studio...Adobe has a lot of catching up to do...don't make it harder on yourself or potential customers. You can still innovate w/o making new adopters suffer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for using Adobe XD, and for your valuable feedback.  I suggest creating a feature request using this link Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs​ after which other users can upvote your request as also provide their feedback on it.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines