• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[OTHER]-Adobe XD needs a lot of optimization.

Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Adobe XD and use it as my main working tool. But it's just terrible for large projects. We need some serious optimizations for large projects or cross-prototype linking (when pressing a button in Prototype1 will open a page from Prototype2) so we can divide our large projects into smaller parts.

As you can see below Adobe XD maxes out my RAM (16GB, 4GB for os and system apps). Also it's not visible here, but Adobe XD blows up pagefile.sys up to 25GB. Also it creates PublishingRepository and SnapshotRepository in AppData system folder which can accumulate more than 30GB.

Annotation 2019-12-11 021254.jpgAnnotation 2020-01-02 114254.jpg

It takes my Surface Book 2 about 10 minutes to open my project, it takes even longer to save it. I can't use Cloud files, because they automatically save after every change. It becomes a step by step process, when I have to wait several minutes after some action to perform the next one.

Also want to mention here, that this prorotype is only for the mobile version of the project. My collegue is creating a desktop version, it's a little bit less demanding, because he is only halfway with it. And I'm not done with mine yet too, but have to decide how to move forward - not only the app itself lags terribly, but the web prototype too, so it became hard for both me and developers to continue working with it.

I think I'm not the only one, who uses Adobe XD for some serious large projects, not only for some simple 5-10 screens apps.

Wish you the best in the new year and hope you will continue to enchance and optimize your product.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. The team never compromises on performance before releasing an update. Having said that, the issues that you are seeing are probably something that we haven't seen previously, or are unique to your setup. I suggest getting in touch with our support team https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m for further investigation. 

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran Kumar,

I'm sorry, but your link opens this page, where i can only find links to this same forum and some popular support topics. I can't find a way to get in touch with support in any way except here.

Annotation 2020-01-03 011615.jpg

I can assure you that this is not unique to my setup, because everyone has troubles opening this file (580 artboards, don't know how many components and 200MB size). Also my collegue is working on a bit smaller file and has performance issues too (though he has less, because his file is about the half of mine).

As I can see it, Adobe XD is just not optimized for large projects and it is a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monte,

We apologize for the frustration. Would you mind sharing the your Adobe ID, phone number & location with me over a private message along with this file and we will escalate it to the team for further investigation?

What is the OS & XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop Specs

Intel i9 9900k
64 GB Ram

RTX 2080Ti - 11GB VRAM (32 GB shared GPU ram)

500 mbps connection

I am fairly new to Adobe XD and so far i've experienced quite difficulty dealing with XD performance. Im designing Mobile app on it and with 26 artboards it becomes almost unresponsive every 5-10 minutes of working on it.

Issues:

1. CTRL+Z stops working

2. Changing Character styles dont work from document assets

3. Copy/paste stops working

4. Zoom in/ zoom out stops working

This is the second project im facing this issue with, my previous project started acting the same at the end of completion with 20 artboards. At first it was my computer, so i restarted and it didnt help.

Solution / Fix:
Shut down Adobe XD and make sure to close any instance from task manager as well. Open again and start working. Beware that several times XD fails to save the document.

I've moved to back to Adobe Illustrator for performance and efficiency hopefully XD gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same here, with medium projects where whether have deppendable external libraries or not.

The only solution I can find out is the same tahakhan88 pointed out.

Issues:

1. CTRL+Z stops working

2. Changing Character styles dont work from document assets

3. Copy/paste stops working

4. Zoom in/ zoom out stops working

Desktop Specs

Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
32 GB Ram 3200

GTX 1060 8GB

500 mbps connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

This is not an issolated problem. I am experiecning the exact same issues across multiple computers with high and low end specs. 

When I open the file 148MB file it takes 8GB of physical memory and quickly goes up to 20 and more

What is also odd is the file is 148MB on my local system. Same file on the cloud is 885MB. 

In the hopes of working around these issues I created a new doc to link components from the source file.

Linking the Assets to the source doc will create a 500MB plus file and using complex  inked Components in from other documents doesn't work.

To test if this issue is due to my local machine (specs below), I setup a remote Windows desktop with Paperspace with highend specs. Regardless of the machine I am using the program is unusable.

MacBook Air

1.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Or 

Windows Remote

RAM: 30 GB
CPUS: 8
HD: 50 GB
GPU: 16 GB

Any help or tips or optimizing the file would be much appreacited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! My Adobe XD file is stuck. Any action with a component can take upwards of 5 minutes. 

When I open the file it takes 8GB of physical memory and quickly goes up to 20 and more.

Doesn't seem to matter what system I am working on.

MacBook Air

1.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Or 

Windows Remote

RAM: 30 GB
CPUS: 8
HD: 50 GB
GPU: 16 GB

File doesn't move. Also, using large linked components in other documents doesn't work.
What is also odd is the file is 148MB on my local system. Same file on the cloud is 885MB. 

Any help or tips or optimizing the file would be much appreacited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing serious issues with XD and thank you for sharing the hardware information. We would request you to please try deleting all the files from PublishingRepository and before deleting the files make sure that there is no instance of XD running. 

Please send the timestamps of file storage.db which can be found on:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe.XD/com.adobe.dcx/PublishingRepository/2692d947-974f-4f3b-8265-447ca3aa0297/v0/storage.db.

We would also request you to please try clearing the cache as well.

Let us know if that helps. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thank you for responding.

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe.XD/com.adobe.dcx/PublishingRepository/ 

does not exisit.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 7.42.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. If you're still experiencing this issue. I would suggest getting in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for immediate assistance.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Harshika,

I am having the same issue but what is more bad, XD crashes and I can't reach the file because file is being corrupted, it happened last week, I contact with support and there is no response days and days. I made all work again and today it happened again and my days, work and time become garbage. I contact with support and again I am waiting. Seriously you need solution for this issue. I am agree with @monterxz Actually I am not filling the file with lots of new contents 95% of content is duplicated layer or same component with different states. File becoming 1,5 - 2 gb easilly plus ram usage being 15 to 20 gb with one active file which has arround 20 artboard. Is it normal?

My device specs are below and still I am having serious issues. Mostly stucking and it is problem but as I informed before loosing file and all work is really very bad and serious problem.

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5,
MacBook Pro,

2,9 GHz 6 Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tayger,

I arm sorry to hear you are experiencing serious issues with XD. Would you mind sharing the case number with me over a private message that you raised with the support team so that I can check the status of those cases and see on which end its pending?

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find more and more that Adobe XD doesn't work well for large projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Adobe XD is an amazing tool which looks pretty in advertising the product but practically it doesnt work on projects larger than 20 artboards. Im back to Illustrator until this gets resolved.

Sent from my phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines