• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do XD prototype links ever expire in XD?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long are the prototypes generated in XD available? Forever? What if my company switches design software? Will all of my protypes become unavailable?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Data loss , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Hi Davan,

Thank you for reaching out. Shared links never get expired. They can be deleted from here: https://assets.adobe.com/links.Now in case you haven't deleted the links and you switched to a different design tool so the links are available on browser. You can view the link on the browser any time.

Let us know if that answers your question. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing you are on a team or enterprise license. If your team switches to another software, you can download your XD files from the cloud (assuming you are saving to the cloud.) before the transition. Does that answer your question? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the XD files themselves I'm asking about. I'm curious about the prototypes themselves. For instance, if I send a mockup to a client today via the XD Share feature, but then in a year we switch to a different design tool, will those prototypes still be available for us to see as a reference? Will they ever expire?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davan,

Thank you for reaching out. Shared links never get expired. They can be deleted from here: https://assets.adobe.com/links.Now in case you haven't deleted the links and you switched to a different design tool so the links are available on browser. You can view the link on the browser any time.

Let us know if that answers your question. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to know what would happen to the links that I have published as part of my project, when my account expires?

Do the links remain live?

Is there a way to hand it over to another designer for future maintenance of the links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daksh,

Thank you for reaching out. We had a similar discussion regarding this in past here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/other-do-xd-prototype-links-ever-expire-in-xd/td-p/10904033?... Please let us know if that answer your question.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika, for letting me know. 

It does answer my first and second questions, but could you please let me know on the third question in my post?

Thanks,

Daksh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for missing your 3rd question, Daksh. There is a similar uservoice request raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20173018-transfer-.... If this is the same functionality you are looking for, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an adobe cloud subscription until May 31, my question is, if I make a prototype in Adobe XD, will I be able to view it on my computer if my subscription has expired? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Adobe XD, I have moved this from the "Get Started" forum for you.
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I think this post has answer to your question please check: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/other-do-xd-prototype-links-ever-expire-in-xd/td-p/10904033?...

Let us know if that helps.

Thank you Jane for moving the post to our XD community.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines