• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Other]-Syncing Problem opening cloud document in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having problems opening an XD-document, I'm getting the following message: 
"Waiting for sync. The latest copy of the document has not yet been synced from another computer. Please try again in a few moments."XD-problem.png
I'm only working on one computer, and I'm the owner/creator of the document. It is shared with another co-worker (co-editing), but she had no problem opening/closing it. I can open earlier versions, so it's not totaly lost, but the link for sharing will be another, which means all linkage to this document needs to be updated. It's a big project, a lot of Jira-boards and a big team of developers that need to have access to the design, so I hope you can see the problem it causes. 
I have the latest version of XD, and I've tried to log-out/log-in again, restarted my computer....and all that mojo... but nothing helps. Anyone that have a solution to my problem?
Thanks!

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Try to unshare your project.from user. https://xd.adobe.com/view/ee574f00-c018-47ad-6f05-539f2d920d4b-9866/

But bofere, open AdobeXD and click on Manage Link and go to you CC files in browsers where you can find your shared project. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to unshare your project.from user. https://xd.adobe.com/view/ee574f00-c018-47ad-6f05-539f2d920d4b-9866/

But bofere, open AdobeXD and click on Manage Link and go to you CC files in browsers where you can find your shared project. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ares, your solution with removing the other user seems to have solved the issue. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem as being an ower for a file. I cannot open it and get same error. I have removed all share links as described above but still cannot open the file. These issues with XD make me feel like this should not be used in a real production environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue with our main corporate design system file for over 2 weeks now. All staff are unable to work collaboratively and have had to resort to local versioning. We paid for Zeroheight on Adobes recommendation but now we can't update because we cant access this file. This is unacceptable and the level of support around co-editing has been attrocious. It's caused so many headaches.

Please abobe what can i do to recover this file?

Desperately waiting for the next release hoping that it solves but i can safely say that XD has cost my company more money than it's saved at this point and i'm tired of answering designers about why we didn't choose Figma/Sketch. If this document isnt recoverable I will move away from Adobe XD and will never recommend it for any of our Global clients again. I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack Reeves and Christopher,

We apologies for the frustration while opening the file in XD and in collaboration. We would request you to please generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me over a private message. 

It would be really helpful if you can share a screenshot of your about XD info page. You may also share the sample file with me over a PM for better understanding.

Note: Please share the link of the post over a PM for reference.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika! Thanks for your help!

I tried to send you a message but i got "youve sent the max amount of messages today" even hough i havent sent one yet :sigh: ... we will get there together though im sure! 

As i cannot access the document i cant share a link with you. But using the "manage link" feature i can add your email. Which email shall i add to the shared doc? The doc will be called HHDS-Components.

The adobe logs are available at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KXUxlC8UbWCe8ofyRmuPmAqJ5VuSFPHz/view?usp=sharing 

You also requested that i send you screenshot of my about page:

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 9.55.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jack for sharing the required details. I received your file on my email. I will investigate on it and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated adobe xd to latest version 28.5.12.5. on macbook pro. MacOS Mojave ver 10.14.4

Trying to open the file from older version shows message "Waiting for Sync" and requires the document to be closed. This is happened several times.

PFA, the image with shown message for reference.

Request adobexd team to help in solving this issue.Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 3.09.01 PM.png

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can try the steps shared on this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/other-syncing-problem-opening-cloud-document-in-xd/m-p/10997...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishab,

I am able to view the project by clicking "Manage Links", but unable to find option of removing users.

Please suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear you are able to view your project. In order to remove the user, you can click on the invite to edit icon and there you will see the list of added user. You can remove any of the user from there.

Please see the attached screenshot

remove user.png

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Appreciate your support, but I am unable to do any action within the file, in the AdobeXD app.

Only action i can peform is "Close document", all other actions are disabled.

PFA, screen shot.

Screenshot 2020-04-16 at 10.06.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting. Would you mind confirming if you've tried the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following up on the issue. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance?

We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still exists. I have performed the steps in the article. I cannot delete the file as shown in the article and get an red error at the bottom of XD that says "There was a problem deleting {FILE NAME}."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christopher,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more information like, are you unable to open a cloud document because of the error shown at the beginning of this discussion? If yes, have you already tried the steps suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/other-syncing-problem-opening-cloud-document-in-xd/m-p/10997...

If that's not the case, please share some details of what exactly is happening at your end so that we can provide the next course of action.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same error which is why I am replying to this thread, and as mentioned I followed those steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming Christopher, could you please try the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/open-revert-cloud-document-version.html

And check if you are able to revert to an older version of that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can revert to an older version. In fact, I can have the user make changes to the XD file to push the current version as an older version to access it but I can never access the most recent version of the XD file from within XD. XD always shows that it was last modified 3 days ago within XD on the PC but on the web it shows it was last modified a few minutes ago. I have already logged out/in of adobe, restarted computer, and uninstalled XD and reinstalled XD and also resetted XD from windows Apps and Features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your about XD info page? Have you tried switching to a different network?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a photo of the XD info. Yes, I tried different network both wifi and cellular data. Both had same issue. 

jg5hWHiPdG.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Would you mind confirming if it's happening with all the files or with a specific file? It looks like there are some serious sync issues. Is it possible for you to share the log files with us for investiagtion purpose? Please generate the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me over a private message.

Please share the Adobe ID, phone number and location as well.

Note: Please share the link of the post over a PM for reference.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It's happening for only certain files on certain computers. Same file with same login on another computer on same network and the issue doesn't exist. But a different file on that computer may not work and it works on a different computer. 

I have PMd you the file URL. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing more details. I would like to know a few more details for further investiagtion if you are the owner of the file? Are you working on different machines with different XD versions? On which computer the issue first occurred?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines