• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Other]-While previewing the design in XD mobile app device is getting hot.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

has anyone else noticed their device(s) getting hot while using Adobe XD Preview app on smartphones? I have tested Android and iOS devices and they both get very hot... and when I say very hot, I mean like "can't hold it comfortably in my hand" kind of hot.

I am using an Android phone at the moment (OnePlus 7 Pro to be exact) and the device is getting very hot to the touch while using Adobe XD for just a couple of minutes, so hot as a matter of fact that I have to close the app in fear the phone will start smoking.

For comparison, I have loaded a pretty graphically intense game and played for a bit to see can I develope that kind of heat, but with no success. 

So far, the Adobe XD mobile app is the only app on my phone that can heat up the phone so much.

Any thoughts?

Best regards.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Berislav_Kirin,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with Adobe XD. We would like to know the version of XD you are using in your phone. We would also suggest closing all the other apps running in the background. 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

thank you for the reply.

I will test the app today with all the apps running in the background closed. I noticed that I had an update yesterday to the latest ver. 26.0.0 (27532) so I'll test that too.

Br,

Berislav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists, unfortunately. Just tested and the phone still heats up.

Berislav.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the suggestion. Would you mind uninstalling all other apps for a while and then only use XD and let us know if it's still heating up the device? I have tested the same at my end on the same mobile phone and it's working fine at my end.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

so sorry for the late response.

No, it did not solve the problem, but I did discover one thing. On the XD Preview App, the device heats up only in "preview mode". So, when I'm in the preview mode and working in XD on my computer, the device heats up. Now I understand that the phone screen is constantly refreshing changes that I make on the desktop app, but it is just developing too much heath to call it safe in my opinion.

Br,

Berislav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be sure, I haven't heard about this issue from other users. Also, it would be difficult for us to investigate this issue from a remote location. Having said that, we will be watchful of similar issues and log a bug with the team if we hear from other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines