• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay effects not working in shared development prototype

Advisor ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made some overlay effects in my prototype, works fine in XD but when I share the prototype for development the overlay effect is not included alltough I also shared the overlay artboards. Any hopes for a future solution to this issue? Is there any way to get overlay features to work in the shared prototype and not just inside XD?

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Hi Perry,

Nice to hear your prototype started working.

If I get it correctly, you are talking about scroll bars in published links? If yes, I am afraid the scroll bar is not available in the published links in XD while the artboard is scrollable with the mouse wheel.  There is already a feature request for this, you can vote for it. Feature request link: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34467730-show-scroll-bar-in-published-prototypes

Thanks, 

Ver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perry,

Sorry for the inconvenience cause. Overlay feature work for link XD generate.

May i know in which version of XD you are facing this issue.

Is this issue specific to file or happening to all file.

Can you please share screenshot of the Design in prototype mode and please share XD generated link with me.

Thanks, 

Vertika Gupta.

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD 32.0.22

W10

All up to date. Overlay doesn't work in shared protype no matter what doc I share for development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now worked on this case for a while, what seems to happen is that copied instances of an overlay project loses it's links and prototype properties and the artboards needs to be re-linked back in order to work. I shared for development again and this time it worked in the shared prototype BUT not 100%. I have an overlay with an artboard that contains text that runs to overflow after the set viewport height. The overlay scrolls but wihout a scrollbar. When I preview the very same prototype in XD the system scrollbar is there. Do I need to create an animated scroll bar manually in order for it to work in the shared cloud file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perry,

Nice to hear your prototype started working.

If I get it correctly, you are talking about scroll bars in published links? If yes, I am afraid the scroll bar is not available in the published links in XD while the artboard is scrollable with the mouse wheel.  There is already a feature request for this, you can vote for it. Feature request link: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34467730-show-scro...

Thanks, 

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD is showing itself from the buggy side again cause right now the scrollbar doesn't even appear in XD. One second it's there, next minute it's gone. It's the same overlay with the same viewport, the same text etc. XD is very inconsistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines