Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay navigation will not disappear

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed a navigation bar in XD.

I have successfully created one overlay dropdown menu. It works flawlessly.  It comes in, as intended, and goes away when I click anywhere on the page.

I've created a second overlay dropdown menu. It comes in, as intended, but then I can no longer click on anything else.  Everything is just now stuck on that overlay screen.

I have tried:

• Deleting it and rebuilding it
  • Recreating it by duplicating the overlay artboard that works

Any other recommendations to get this working?

TOPICS
How to , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some ideas about what might be going wrong, but these are several, depending on your exact design. In stead of describing all of them (and of course finding out after even more discussion that there was one more possible scanario which I probably overlooked), it would be nice to see what you're creating. Could you post a screenshot or maybe even a review link ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i'm redoing the UX, so this file is a mixture of the client's current site and my roughed-in wireframe elements.

Click on "Solutions" first, that one works just fine. Click on, click off.  Perfect.

Then click on "Sectors".  Click on works fine.  But then you're stuck there.

I created them both using the exact same method.

https://xd.adobe.com/view/78cd1acf-84cd-4552-46b1-835cd3bf8a9e-0efc/

thanks! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added a 3rd overlay - About Us. Works just fine.  Now I'm even more confused.

Updated link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/78cd1acf-84cd-4552-46b1-835cd3bf8a9e-0efc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn it! I had it working and now it doesnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this is the mistake I just made: I accidentally added the overlay interaction to the nav bar that isn't identified as a master component, and it WORKED.  Once I moved it over to the master component, it didn't work.  Can there only ever be one overlay per component?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines