• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay not working below "fold"?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a screen where I need an overlay to appear as a checked radio button. The button is below the scroll line, but overlays seem to only be available for placing above the scroll line.

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

I checked with the product team and they say that this is the intended behavior. To request for a change, please place a feature request along with details of your workflow using this link. Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I was trying to add a Tooltip button below the fold and I can't drag the overlay below it. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with the product team and they say that this is the intended behavior. To request for a change, please place a feature request along with details of your workflow using this link. Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your product team sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found this to be frustrating. Have u ever thought bout this before? Never test for big scale project? Please update........ Does XD only applicable for NOVICE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found this to be frustrating. The very first overlay I tried to make was below the page fold. I wonder how many other designers encounter this "intended behavior" very early on. Seems like it wasn't tested outside of adding a keyboard or slide menu to a single-screen mobile app. As I mentioned in my feature request, I like what the team is doing. I just wish features like these would get a little more user input before being touted as something we've all been waiting for. I'll continue to wait for the real anchored overlays in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Intended behavior"? If this is in fact intended behavior, then there is an error in concept. Limiting overlays to non-scroll screens makes zero sense. This bug is 2 years old. Come on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this. Not being able to add an overlay below the fold makes prototyping in XD useless. From looking at other responses to this request it seems that Adobe keeps closing this issue without fixing it or even trying to understand the frustration it is causing. There are several requests for action on this issue with similar names that have been responded to by Adobe that this is intended behavior. Would it be acceptable to tell a development or design team that they can't provide dropdown menus or other interactive elements if those elements were below the fold? If this isn't fixed XD can't be used for prototyping, testing or interactive design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are there any updates to this? Plans to fix it in future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. With Component & States, you have the flexibility you need to be able to create flyouts, dropdowns, and other interactive elements that will be contextual to its placement on the artboard. Please check out this article.

Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a solution to some use cases. Overlays exactly as they work now, but also below the fold would be so so useful to me. Really can't figure out why it's tricky to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those features are lovely but as stated previously they have to work below the fold or they are useless. I started using Figma this year. It would be ideal to keep my workflow in the Adobe suite. Please fix this issue or XD is not worth the bother.  Bubble these comments up if the adoption folks want to know why XD is losing to the competition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2022, and the bug is still not fixed... very frustrating. I almost stopped believing in my abilities because of that lol, but then I realized that not only I have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD overlays are designed for modal dialogue boxes only so it's not a "bug" - but should have been designed as universal application in mind like Figma...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines