• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay transitions are taking me back to a previous page instead of staying on the same page

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a tutorial series using XD and I'm having trouble with Prototype overlay transitions on some of my artboards:

If I click through from the beginning of the set, once I get to a certain artboard, anytime I click on an overlay link, it brings me back to the previous artboard (and displays the overlay in the same position it should be displaying on the parent board). 

If I start the tutorial at the board that causes problems, all my overlays behave exactly like they are supposed to.  If I click back in the tutorial and move forward again to the board in question, now all the overlay transitions move me back to the previous board again. 

I thought it was potentially being caused by the fact that one of the overlay artboards is being linked by two separate pages.  I tried duplicating the artboard so and still have the problem. 

Even the other overlays on the page take me back to the previous artboard.  Basically, any overlay transition I click will cause it to move back. 

I've also tried deleting and recreating all the transitions and it still doesn't work.

I found one other post talking about a similar issue but their fixes did not work in my case.  I would link it but I can't. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question is probably a follow-up to this one.

Read my answer over there. Closing this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines