• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay window is not displayed when prototype is viewed on a small resolution

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a shared prototype with the size 360x810, and when viewed on a monitor with the resolution at 2560x1440 it works fine. But when opened on a computer with the monitor resolution at 1600x900 the prototype doesn't work correctly.

The prototype has a fixed menu at the bottom with icons that when clicked open a submenu window of top the bottom menu. This is achieved by linking the main artboard "Search" to another artboard called "Phases Submenu", using the overlay type. But on the monitor with the smaller resolution, when I click on the icons of the bottom menu, the submenu doesn't show, although on the Breadcrumbs on top of the page it says that the artboard is in fact opened.

Plugin-Test (3).pngPlugin-Test (2).png

This happens when the prototype is viewed on 100% zoom. If I switch to 50% and try to click on the icons of the bottom menu now I can see the submenu as expected. The weird part is that if switch back to 100% zoom, now the prototype works as expected too, with the submenu showing. That is good, at least, but it is not ideal if I have to explain to clients that they need to switch the zoom back and forth if they want to see the prototype correctly. Is this a known bug? is there a fix to it?

Plugin-Test (4).png

Here is a video of the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qqFi2a1-KV6-7XErcrZJw5VDBLaAAgXs/view 

And the prototype: https://xd.adobe.com/view/b8b1cf65-0496-4c6d-99d9-634390e9a9dd-ede2/ 

Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on my end on two browsers Edge and Chrome and it seems to be working fine. Could you please test this in full-screen mode and let us know how it goes, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines