• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overwritten cloud document

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved a cloud document at work yesterday. Opened the file at home and did some more stuff.

At work today I was about working further with the same file. The file was already open on my computer from yesterday.

I noticed that not all the stuff I did at home was showing in the file at work.

In creative cloud under files you have 3 tabs (synced files, cloud documents and mobile files). Is it true that just synced files has version control? That means I have to remember to close the app at work and vica versa to prevent that the auto-save overwrites the existing version if I work on a cloud document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Based on what you said, it looks like you've made some changes in your file from home and it's not reflecting on the file when you're working from the office.

We'd like to investigate the issue, in order to do that, we will need the log files from your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, you are correct in your observation. There was some changes in the file at work, but not all the updates I did at home was reflected in the same file at work.

I opened the same file yesterday at home. I noticed a warning sign to the left of the file name. When I opened the file I got dialog box

which told me that there was a newer version of the same file (because I had done some stuff on the file at work) or that I could "save as..". I noticed that the content was the same as I had done at home, so I pressed "save as.." and saved it with a new file name.

Shall I do the generate log files from home or at the office?

PS! Yesterday I saved a file to my synced map at the office. When I came home I couldn't download the file in the synced map. I could only inspect it. The download function was missing for this file. I have two other files from way back in the same folder. These files have the download function available. Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines