• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Panel]-Horizontal scale from illustrator to XD error.

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep having an error on this file:

<iframe width="1132" height="380" src="https://xd.adobe.com/embed/587ea09b-619a-4dcb-64c6-7d0df3bbe73b-2e4f/?fullscreen" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://xd.adobe.com/view/587ea09b-619a-4dcb-64c6-7d0df3bbe73b-2e4f/?fullscreen horizontal scale error 

importing text from ai to xd dosent import horizontal scale on the fill 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Import and export , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Well, the level of correspondance in typographical features between Adobe XD and other design applications, brought over as CC Library assets, is... let's describe it carefully... abysmal. There's not a slight sign of love between these two fairly new institutions.

To verify and confirm your findings, I created 4 kinds of assets from a text frame (with horizontally scaled text) in Illustrator: just Text, a Character Style, Paragraph Style, and an Image.

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-19 om 11.29.43.png

And I tested what currently is bein

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you import text? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

humm....ok ...
...."import" was not the right name, im trying to link assets from the library... either created on photoshop (shapes and text) or in illustrator (shapes and text) and then making assets in the library, im losing some features on xd. like ... my ai text linked from an ai created asset is not "assuming" the horizontal align configuration that i have setup. 
thkz!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the level of correspondance in typographical features between Adobe XD and other design applications, brought over as CC Library assets, is... let's describe it carefully... abysmal. There's not a slight sign of love between these two fairly new institutions.

To verify and confirm your findings, I created 4 kinds of assets from a text frame (with horizontally scaled text) in Illustrator: just Text, a Character Style, Paragraph Style, and an Image.

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-19 om 11.29.43.png

And I tested what currently is being understood by Adobe XD
either by dragging or selecting (as frame or text) and applying.

The Character Style isn't supported or recognised at all – nada:

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-19 om 11.33.44.png

The Paragraph Styles isn't even shown, neither is the Text.

The only asset which offers some co-operation is the Image,

but even as an image, it completely ignores any textual styling:

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-19 om 11.34.22.png

So we can rightfully state that CC Libraries is a terribly flawed (not to say absolutely failed) area of integration in Adobe XDEven Adobe's support of Images from CC Libraries in Microsoft PowerPoint is better:

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-19 om 12.02.13.png

(Although this surprising implementation ignores something as basic as Colors...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem with this is that ... the time i have lost on it ! ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's the price you have to pay for working in a highly volatile industry like (digital) media. 😉

OMG, the time I've spent on flawed techniques and software or innovations, which – in hindsight – turned out to be pretty useless. Countless hours, days, weeks, probably years of my life ! And like many others, Adobe also offers no guarantee that this tendency/problem will end, soon...

The only way to deal with that, is to promise nothing to anyone, ever, not even the seemingly simplest deadline, without reassuring yourself that what you need really works, and works reliably. Or make a living of doing research in this area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh ... yes ! dont get me wrong ... i understand why. the point is .... im paying! ...im not being paid ! we all understand what marketing is ... 😉 "they" could at least be "nice/nicer" to ppl that takes that into strengthening the "whole".  but .... if they cant assume guaranties on the product i should not be oblied to assure the payment... i mean... its not fair ! 😞 
... and thanks for yur help! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines