• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Panel]-Masks are all broken in component previews and in designs in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The  following screen shots show what has happened with my designs and design system

The grey rectangles have appeared across all of my work form the past 3 months.

The problem is that all the masks have broken.

This is evident in the component menu, see two items 1 icon (normal) and 1 grey box (broken)

And also in the design itself, see grey box (broken) and trash can (normal)

This just suddenly happened today when I opened my files, some sort of sync bug?

I've tried to roll back to earlier versions but they just end up corrupting again.

Should I go back to using Sketch?

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 4.37.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-16 at 4.42.12 pm.png

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warwick_h,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using Adobe XD. Would you mind telling us the OS & XD version of your machine? Could you please try rolling back to the previous version of the file as mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harishka,

I'm using a MacBook Pro 2018 model.

Mac OS Catalina V10.15.2

I've had to go into original icon file, copy only the paths and paste them into a new file.

So the mask and colour layer that was in the earlier library (had been imported from sketch originally) has now been removed completely.

The strange thing has been that the icon library file was an asset atteched througt my design system files and had been working fine. It just suddenly stopped working as outlined in the graphics above.

I have used this new file as the source of assets in all the dependent files and removed and updated alll components.

I am satisfied that the libraries are now very solid but it's taken a fair amount of effort to fix.

Please find graphic below to help explain problem and solution further.

XD mask - component - bug.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for your experience. Our Tech Support team https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m can have a look at your computer to see what could be going wrong. Use the chat button to get started with talking to them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines