• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Panel]-X position changes depending on first character in XD.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With left-aligned point text, changing the first letter to "J" changes the horizontal position.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelsey,

Sorry for the delay in response. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? We'd suggest checking latest update to your graphic card driver, please visit the manufacturer site's to check for updates.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I verified it on my Mac with the Noto Sans font, and it occured as well. But it doesn't happen with other fonts like Helvetica.

I think it has to do with specific character information in this font. This Noto Sans J is kerning itself negatively, even when there's no character on the left. So it decreases its own width, making the required text frame width smaller ! Type a different character in stead or in front of it, and it jumps back. I tested other suspectable characters (like W and A) but they behaved normally.

Another oddity is that the text automatically sets itself to a larger line height (e.g. from 24 to 40), and characters move up and down now and then. It appears to me that it's a special-purpose font, accomodating itself to support all kinds of complex and language-dependent glyphs.

All in all, this is a complicated font.

I wouldn't use it for creative designs...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noto_fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines