• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password Protect option is missing from SharePane in XD 30 version.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "password protected" option has disappeared from my Adobe Xd version 30.0.12.14

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

From XD 30 release onwards, we had enabled the capability to change your link access type from "Public" to "Private" or vice-a-versa, without having to change your URL! Click here and read the snippet about "Durable shared links"

But once you create/publish a "Password" link, that is not durable or cannot be changed back to either Public or Private. Check out this help documentation for the same.

If you have opened an existing document where-in you had previously created a password link, then sele

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Hi,

Can you confirm if you are trying to set a password on an existing link that was published from your document? Please attach a screenshot of the Share mode Properties Inspector that you see. It would help us better guide you based on your scenario.

Note that if you are looking to set password on an existing link that is 'Public' or is showing the link access set as 'Anyone with the link', then you will have to create a new password link. The existing 'Public' link cannot be changed to a Passwo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to see the option of password in share pane in XD. Would you mind confirming if this is a new file created in the XD 30 version? If it's an old file, could you please try creating a new link of this file and see if the option appears for you?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I am working on new file with latest version(40) but password option is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am also having this issue. Was this feature moved somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - the password option is no longer there. This is happening on already created files where a password was in place before the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are unable to see the password option in XD. It looks like you are experiencing the issue on the files created in the previous version of XD.  Also, after password links are published, you cannot change the link access setting. If you want to change the access settings, you must create a new link. Please see this article for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/share-designs-prototypes.html#Howdoicreatelinksforsharingadesignspec...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this worked. I also ensured my XD was up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From XD 30 release onwards, we had enabled the capability to change your link access type from "Public" to "Private" or vice-a-versa, without having to change your URL! Click here and read the snippet about "Durable shared links"

But once you create/publish a "Password" link, that is not durable or cannot be changed back to either Public or Private. Check out this help documentation for the same.

If you have opened an existing document where-in you had previously created a password link, then selecting that link from the URL drop-down in the Share mode properties inspector, will show you the link settings and allow you to change the password (if required) or update design changes to that same link.  What you cannot do is remove the password to convert it into a public link. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arun,

The above scenerio is different and I am facing the same issue of missing password in sharing link access. I am using version 40 of XD and sharing the screenshot for same. May be you have missed something in the update/release in current version.

no password option in xd sharing.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Sorry but I dont understand the answer and have the same problem. I cannot set a password anymore, the option is simply gone from the dropdown menu. Is it generally still possible to set a password? Or is everything working by private / public links? this seems like a complicated workaround if I have to invite every person separately in order to have some kind of protection...By the way, I am working on a Windows machine and my collegue on a Mac and for her it is still working to set a password. Is it a Mac / Win issue? Thanks for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm if you are trying to set a password on an existing link that was published from your document? Please attach a screenshot of the Share mode Properties Inspector that you see. It would help us better guide you based on your scenario.

Note that if you are looking to set password on an existing link that is 'Public' or is showing the link access set as 'Anyone with the link', then you will have to create a new password link. The existing 'Public' link cannot be changed to a Password-Protected link. To create a new link, click on the "Link" drop-down and choose New Link (as shown in this screenshot)Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 3.33.57 PM.png
Once you choose New Link, that is when you should be able to see the option of "Anyone with password" in the 'Link Access' dropdown.
Screenshot 2020-09-09 at 3.34.13 PM.png
You should be able to do this from both Mac & Win platforms. Please let us know if this is not what you see?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaah that was the problem! Thank you so much. I didnt know that you cant set a password on a previously published public Link. So now it is working. Thanks for your quick response, you made my day :))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. This was helpful but this feature is unintuitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines