Highlighted

'Paste' doesn't work

New Here ,
May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't copy & paste any item or artboard on my XD, because just 'paste(CTRL+V)' menu isn't active.

I'm not sure whether this problem comes from XD itself, or OS(windows10 Enterprise 1607 64bit).

While 'copy' works properly, 'paste' always stays in gray color.

How can I solve this problem? I actually re-installed XD three times.

I'm very sorry that I have to post this sort of silly question.

Hi caroliner39906458,

Glad to hear you're not facing this issue anymore and thank you for taking the time to answer the questions.

As the issue is no longer reproducing it's hard to understand what happened. It might help to look over the logs - so, if it's not too much trouble, please collect the logs using the following tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the file to CC, Dropbox, or Google drive and share the link over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

If you stumble over the issue once more, although I hope this will not happen, please try the copy-paste actions in another UWP application like Paint 3D and let me know the result.

Thank you,

Letitia Antohe

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'Paste' doesn't work

New Here ,
May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't copy & paste any item or artboard on my XD, because just 'paste(CTRL+V)' menu isn't active.

I'm not sure whether this problem comes from XD itself, or OS(windows10 Enterprise 1607 64bit).

While 'copy' works properly, 'paste' always stays in gray color.

How can I solve this problem? I actually re-installed XD three times.

I'm very sorry that I have to post this sort of silly question.

Hi caroliner39906458,

Glad to hear you're not facing this issue anymore and thank you for taking the time to answer the questions.

As the issue is no longer reproducing it's hard to understand what happened. It might help to look over the logs - so, if it's not too much trouble, please collect the logs using the following tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the file to CC, Dropbox, or Google drive and share the link over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

If you stumble over the issue once more, although I hope this will not happen, please try the copy-paste actions in another UWP application like Paint 3D and let me know the result.

Thank you,

Letitia Antohe

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 명현유46329220 ,

From where are you copying data, and what data it is.

Is it an image or a text ?

~Rohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any selected item (text, image, even artboard) in XD!

Simply speaking, paste menu is not activated at all.

I didn't see a single case that the 'paste' change to black, even when(after) I selected an item by clicking CTRL+C(X) or 'Copy' menu.

Thanks for your consideration!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 명현유46329220 ,

I am able to copy and paste properly on my Machine running Windows 10.

Do you have any external device connected ?

Are you using a Wacom ?

~Rohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy plain text from another app and then paste in XD, does it paste the text successfully?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also -- can you let us know if you have any firewall, anti-virus, or other security software installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use any external device. Wacom either.

I can't paste plain text from another app because of the same problem ('paste menu not active').

I use Korean anti-virus solution V3. There must be a firewall in my computer (company manages), I don't know exact name of it.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try disabling your anti-virus app for a minute and see if pasting works then?  Sometimes security software can interfere with other apps in weird ways, so it'd be good for us to know about this.

One other thing...  Adobe XD uses a very new Windows technology called UWP, which sometimes behaves a little funny compared to traditional Windows apps.  I am curious if perhaps all UWP apps on your computer have this problem.  Most apps you install from the Windows Store fall into this category, as well as some built-in apps that come bundled with Windows 10, such as the 3D Builder app or the Calculator app or Sticky Notes.  Can you try launching one of those apps and see if pasting text works correctly there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2017 2
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

명현유46329220 Did you fix it? I have same problem. Does anyone know why?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have same problem with this user. I've tried all the way that you've mentioned but, couldn't fix an errors.

Could you please check this problems for me and let me know how can I fix this.

It's so hard to use XD without 'ctrl+v' function.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't recreate the problem on a macbook pro. Have you completely powered down your pc and restarted?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I think this problem has only occured in window 10 os. I've completely shut down my pc several times and also re-install the XD several times too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all those that are facing this issue, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with a link to this forum post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem..... restarting Adobe XD did not fix anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently faced with this issue. some one help plz.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue on Mac Os 10.13.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What object is on the clipboard at the time? If you press either Enter or Escape, does the menu become available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 1