• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting a linked component to another file removes overrides

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a master cloud document and 2 other documents (A and B) with linked assets to the master.

If I make overrides to a linked component in doc A and then pasted it into doc B, the overrides reset.

How do get linked components to maintain their overrides when pasting between documents?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried reproducing this on Windows 10 and XD 28.8 and was unable to replicate. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening at your end? I would also request you to share the version of Adobe XD and the Operating System.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.

Adobe XD version 30.2.12

On my Test Library I have a component like a menu that I later use in File B. In File B I'm going to override few simple things in the component (instance) that I just mention. For this example let's say the background of the first element is grey. At this point I want to KEEP the overrides and copy that instance from File B back into library, as an instance.

The result is that the overrides are lost.

Another simple test you can do is:

1. Create a component
  2. Somewhere else on the SAME file use that component
  3. Apply some overrides
  4. Copy the instance of the component that has those overrides into a new file --> overrides are all good and still there
  5. Now, cmd+c or ctrl+c the instance with the overrides from the new file and paste it into the old file --> overrides are lost

Here's the video https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ucd67OXXZCcJ3O4QT344Uvsw1YfhscY/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same experience. I had two separate XD files, and was consolidating screens into one master document. When I copied the boards from File 1 to File 2, all of the overrides were reset and I had to manually go through each board to correct the display. Super annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you figured this out? Has anyone reached a solution for it? I am going through this today and it's 3 years after the original post..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines