Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pasting throws object on a random space

Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest mega bug in XD, surprise.

While editing a component I paste an object and it gets positioned randomly on the canvas, not even on an artboard. To top things, after I manually reposition the object, if I use the arrow keys to adjust its position it jumps to the random place where it was pasted.

This is just UNBELIEVABLE!

I know what comes next, I contact support and they tell me to reinstall XD, reinstall CC and after all that nothing is fixed. I'm sick of this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this weird issue within XD and thanks for recording the issue. I would request you to please select the component that you want to edit from the layer panel and then try to paste the object.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped, thanks.

But it didn't resolve it. While I was able to place my object where I wanted, now selecting from the layer stack and deleting an object from my component sends A DIFFERENT OBJECT from the component off to a random place. I'm right now in a situation where I can't work AT ALL.

This is not a bug it's a major fault. Having to select everything from the layer stack takes 10 times longer than selecting from the canvas. 

As the "workaround" came so quick, I gather that it's a known issue. I'd like to know how long is it been there and why hasn't it been fixed?

Without exaggeration, I can say that every single day I find bugs in XD and it's getting worse. I suggest you stop adding features and fix the huge mess for the sanity of your professional users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response and I understand your frustration. Actually, I did see few issues like this before but those get fixed after uninstalling, reinstalling and sometimes it was with a specific file where I asked to select the object from the layer panel. 

However, in order to investigate more about it. Could you please let me know if that happens with this specific file or all the files? Please share the OS and XD versions of your machine and I will try my best to escalate it further. If possible, please share the XD file with me over a private message. 

You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

Note: Please add the link to this post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines