Exit

Pin comment option has disappeared

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can anyone help me?

When I publish a prototype I'm not able to add a pin with a comment as the option has disappeared (see screenshot attached) . I've check it with my teammates and it only happens to me :S. Does anyone know any reason why it happens? I have the latest version of Adobe XD.

Thank you very much.

How it looks now:

Screenshot 2019-03-07 at 17.01.15.png

How it looks previously:

Screenshot 2019-03-07 at 17.05.54.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are sorry to hear that you are not able to pin comments on your links.
To understand more, I see that the language of the 2 screen shots you have shared is different. Is it that you are unable to pin on a specific locale? Did you try changing it back to english to see if that enables pin icon?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm unable to pin in both languages. I've tried to uninstall and installing again the adobe xd and it keeps doing the same. Also, I realized that if I open the preview link in the default mode of browsing I can't pin but if I open it in the private browsing mode and I log in then I'm able to do it. Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 08.24.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely sounds unusual. I am asking around for solutions. Meanwhile, does this happen across browsers?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try again on a web prototype link and see if you are still not able to Pin a comment?

Is it only a particular browser or do you see this issue on your front in any browser that you try?

Thanks!
Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried in different browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) and it only happens on the default version of Chrome.

Thank you very much!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that Chrome (at least for Mac) cannot pin comments. The thumbtack icon is simply absent.

Chrome:

Firefox:

Similarly, Chrome cannot move pins, edit comments, or delete comments.

Chrome:

Firefox:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you are only seeing the issue in Chrome browser, and not others makes me think if it is some Chrome browser plugin that you have installed which might be a potential cause of this issue.
Can you check and disable some plugins in Chrome and then see if you are still seeing the same issue?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdBlock has a rule for hiding the CSS classname "pin-button", which causes the thumbtack in the 'Make a comment' box to disappear. Since other users probably also use AdBlock, perhaps renaming the class from 'pin-button' to 'pin-comment-button' would help.

The 'move pin', 'edit comment', and 'delete comment' icons, however, are not simply hidden, they are absent from the HTML. Disabling all my browser extensions and doing a hard reload does not resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried with below 2 AdBlock plugins for Chrome, but did not see any issues.
Can you share which one are you using, so that we can repro on our end too?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus-free-ad-bloc/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en-US

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had v3.45.0 of the second one you have listed (id starting with gighmm).

I did some testing and found that the default installations do not cause problems (I tested both the current v3.46.0, and a restored export of v3.45.0).

However, if the "Antisocial filter list" is enabled (in the "Filter lists" tab of the AdBlock settings page), then the "pin-button" will be hidden.

So this part of the problem is likely, as you stated earlier, just a conflict with a browser extension; but there's reproducibility and a likelihood of other users being affected.

-----

The other part of the problem is that the the 'move pin', 'edit comment', and 'delete comment' icons remained unavailable throughout all my tests (different versions, antisocial filter on/off, extension enabled/disabled, extension installed/uninstalled, and with a clean reboot of my computer).

Here's the HTML in Chrome for a comment (which does not have the three buttons):

Here's the HTML in FF for the same comment:

Notice that (1) the "span.resolve-btn-container" on line 9 has an additional "expand-resolve-btn-v1" classname in Chrome which is absent in FF [I don't think this is relevant, but it's kinda weird], and (2) FF has the three additional elements ("span.icon-button.pin-button", "button.edit-button", and "button.delete-button") which are absent in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same issue. It ocurrs specifically with Ad Block Plus on Chrome browsers. It happened on Windows as well as Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines