Highlighted

Please look at this XD "Design Spec" mockup and tell me why it's not working?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/screen/09392851-ee20-472c-b9e4-e...

This file is worthless to a developer because they can't select individual elements and see the specs on most things.  No matter how I layers things and ungroup everything, the elements keep getting lumped together into large blocks with useless spec information. 

I've got a team of developers who want me to give them spec-files.  They originally asked me to create red-line wire-frames, but there are so many continuous changes being made, that it would be a nightmare to keep up so many wireframe-mockups.  So I sold them all on Adobe XD... BUT IT'S NOT WORKING.  The developers are now coming unglued on me, and I'm frantically trying to figure out a solution.  Extremely simple files work, but we're designing an application (see the link). 

Thank you,

-Mark

I see what you mean. I published a design spec to test your scenario, let me know if I got this right.

Adobe XD CC

If I click to the left, I can view the properties of the green circle, but if I click to the right, I get to see only the properties of the L.

If this is indeed the case, you can log a request with the team using this link Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please look at this XD "Design Spec" mockup and tell me why it's not working?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://xd.adobe.com/spec/37ccb941-8fd4-4a7f-6223-499948dc3fcb-41fd/screen/09392851-ee20-472c-b9e4-e...

This file is worthless to a developer because they can't select individual elements and see the specs on most things.  No matter how I layers things and ungroup everything, the elements keep getting lumped together into large blocks with useless spec information. 

I've got a team of developers who want me to give them spec-files.  They originally asked me to create red-line wire-frames, but there are so many continuous changes being made, that it would be a nightmare to keep up so many wireframe-mockups.  So I sold them all on Adobe XD... BUT IT'S NOT WORKING.  The developers are now coming unglued on me, and I'm frantically trying to figure out a solution.  Extremely simple files work, but we're designing an application (see the link). 

Thank you,

-Mark

I see what you mean. I published a design spec to test your scenario, let me know if I got this right.

Adobe XD CC

If I click to the left, I can view the properties of the green circle, but if I click to the right, I get to see only the properties of the L.

If this is indeed the case, you can log a request with the team using this link Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the Design specs, I would like to inform you that I am able to see details and properties for a lot of elements. Could you please specify what are you trying to inspect which is not responding as designed? I would also like to know which information are you trying to fetch from the design spec which isn't available.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Atul. The left-side-bar and the central output-grid are the areas where I can not select on any of the elements.  When I try to get details of any of the colors and sizes of the grid (below the "Dictionary 2" wording), the accompanying text, of the central grid and the left-side-bar, the Design Spec selects only the entire group. 

Are you able to select on the small pieces of the grid and the text over the top of it?  How about the left-side-bar and the dividing sections that are 40px tall? 

-Mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem, after several wasted hours of painful troubleshooting! 

I updated the the "Design Spec" to show the problem in the colors RED and FUCHSIA.  Those elements (the Red and Fuchsia ones) are preventing the selection of anything that is below them, even though they are not closed shapes, but "L" shaped, they cover and prevent the selection of everything below them.

This is ridiculous, and a flaw in Adobe XD. 

-Mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD CC

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
MarkSR LATEST
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct, Preran.  Thank you.  I have submitted a bug report. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines