• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please remove sidebar naviagtion by arrows

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this is just another unhappy UX decision: To navigate the sidebar by arrow keys. its a common action for me (and i cant be the only one) to select a layer in the left side menu, and then try to move the elements position in the canvas trhough the arrow keys. Cant do that anymore, now its a nightmare, all it does is it just navigates the lef side menu. now why would i want to do that?? cant select the layer directly in the canvas because its behind another layer. i'm stuck like for the past 10 minutes trying to figure it out. please remove that feature, so frustrating. im getting tired of these horrible UX decisions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just wonder if you are using MacOS? Because on Windows there is no way to navigate through layers by the arrow keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same for Mac so it's not designed as such - reinstall XD, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me on windows.

If it's not a desired feature, then it is a bug. I'm attaching a gif with the issue. Should I post it somewhere else?

screen.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen by any chance to have your accessibility controls turned on? This looks like it's moving from control to control, which is not the default behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about that. how can i check it? is that related to the windows UWP standards? it started to happen only recently, probably with the last XD update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!
I'm having exactly the same problem. It's super annoying.
Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, it's one of the issues that's been lingering around for more than a year, along with the keyboard input freezing bug. I've just learned to live with it.

It's temporarily fixed if you click and drag the element you want to move with the mouse. Then the arrow keys go back to nudging instead of switching layers. Unfortunately, it keeps coming back randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi entroid,

Just a quick reminder the best way to pass on suggestions and feedback is through the Provide Feedback link in the app.
This will take you to their UserVoice page where you can make suggestions to help improve the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines