• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please! Stop releasing such buggy updates!

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much money do you not have to not fully test your features?

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next year I'm requesting we move to a different software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we would like to know what problems you are having with Adobe XD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to start?

The project I currently work with started out in Sketch. I imported it into XD, and thought "wow, this actually works!"

Then I noted that masking works totally different. Fair enough, I went through about 4-500 symbols and re-masked them. To my chagrin, I noted that as soon as you mask something, you can't do zip about the layer order. You have to unmask, change order, then mask again. OK, so let's do that then, I thought, and found out that as soon as you change any groupings that contain text, all the text overrides in all instances of the symbol/component is reset.

By now I'm really starting to wonder about the speed and efficiency of XD. Not only all the extra manual work because the app behaves like the village idiot. But with a sh*t-load of artboards on the same canvas, moving, resizing or manipulating stuff reminds me of pouring really cold maple syrup. Where is that supposed "design at the speed of thought" thingie? Finding anything in the component library turns out to be painful. Rather than a neat hierarchy mirroring the design context, it is like a scattershot, sorted by who knows which parameters. Re-sorting to your own liking is pretty damn tedious, and when it has reverted to chaos the next time you open the file you give up. Searching sounds good, but require you to change focus from where you are to a search field, hoping you named your master in a reasonable manner.

A million years later, with all the symbols I actually need to override under control. Now renamed to be easy to find without hierarchy. With states replacing other overrrides etcetera, etcetera, ad nauseam, I'm supposed to start collab with another designer. We push the document into the cloud, and the maple syrup is turned into a slowly melting glacier.

As soon as you open the document, it starts "saving" (exactly what is a mystery), and is unusable for up to half a minute. Then as soon as you do anything, there is a freeze while it does an interative save. Those saves BTW is not always reliable, and from time to time, regressions surface, where elements, component instances and even component masters goes back in time to an earlier iteration. Not only does the app freeze for my own saves, it does so when my collegue does something and it gets saved. The only thing smooth about the process, is watching the element you just tried to move in vain, suddenly start sliding slowly over the screen as the app unfreezes.

By now, I'm just about on the verge of trying to force the team leaders to go all Mac for the designers, allowing us to use Sketch Cloud in place of the CC-cloud that never seem to work anyways. The only reason to live through this pain, is to allow the project to be multi platform. I'm even eyeing Figma as an alternative, just to flee the monumental pain of spending half my days waiting for and repairing whatever XD f*cked up.

This app need the following, ASAP:

• A component hierachy, with folders, subfolders and sorting.
  • Components should be available without leaving the layer view.
  • Colors, Character Styles and Components are not the same concept, keep them separate.
  • If you have more states than the very limited vertical space in the state box allows, make it possible to expand the state box, rather than to introduce scrolling.
  • Multiple canvases, so that each canvas can be limited to a handfull of contextually related artboards.
  • Smart use of resources, so that the canvases not currently visible is keept in the background with minimal cpu/memory load.
  • Override dependability, with an option to reset styling only, with text-overrides and icon-choices intact.
  • Override inheritance. If I have embedded an instance into another component and overridden it, it should stay overridden when I use the new component.
  • Respect for the difference between paragraphs and line breaks, so that you can use these concepts to the fullest.
  • Respect for internal margins within a component, so that when an element or a string of text changes length/size, the neighboring elements move with the change.
  • Shadows should match what is possible with CSS, that is multiple shadows. This is crucial for Material Design etcetera.
  • X/Y positions should be contextual for elements within an artboard. After all we design on artboards, not on the whole canvas.
  • Dependable and fast iterative saving and loading, you should NOT have to keep backups locally at all times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, I am so very very pleased that you posted that beautiful list. I've been pulling my hair out with XD. I've recently moved over to Windows and my god, can you believe it's even worse?! I reckon in a 2 hour session I restart XD 3 times, no exaggeration, which is really excellent for focus. 😐 It often freezes when I'm trying to open another file, and at that point nothing works except killing it from task manager.

Overriding components is also a pain in my a*s . I could cry sometimes when I make a change to a component and suddenly every instance reverts to the origional state (copy and all). Luckily that's not happening that much anymore, so something has changed. But yeah, also what you were referring to in point 7 (override dependability).

One thing that you left out, which I believe isn't fixed yet: scaling/resizing borders and corner radiuses. This brought me a lot of agony last year when I was working on the marketing site for a product, and I needed to resize my designs. I wasted many hours of my life, for no good reason. This is a feature in Illustrator so I'm suprised it wasn't included in XD from the get go. 

Unfortunately I'm stuck with XD because I need to be able to work on a client's project which already exists in XD, plus they're Mac and I'm Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this exactly, I don't think this is the case for the mac version, only on Windows. Continues bugs, crashes, freezes, fonts won't load properly, random other issues, text bugs in inputs etc. etc. Please test your software on more Windows systems! I'm not paying for this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. It feels Adobe XD isn't tested on Windows. Last updates just added boring features instead of fixing bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could say that again. I keep having this problem of not being able to change the text of something i wrote previously. Its like it keep count that you've re-edited texts 6 times on the 7th time you'll see yourself. It selects it but when you start typing it just looks at you without doing anything then followed by a wonderful silent crash. Yesterday I was resizing the roundness of edges and guess what, the width of that particular element I was adjusting the edges of got increased to 999999999999 and I didn't even touch the width adjusting thing.

ADOBE XD on Windows IS TERRIBLE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I should start working with Figma or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have came back to check XD and wow it got worse. Did these guys write it with no concept of a testing! In less than 48 hours it has crashed several times for different reasons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted them to fix the typing problem XD has. Wanna change a text? better ALT+TAB to get out and get back into XD. Wanna change a property, like size or position? Same thing.

Wanna open the layer panel and components panel at the same time? Sorry, can't do that

Wanna update a link of a shared prototype? Only if you're the owner of the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 41.0.12.11 today from 30.1.12.4. Running Windows 10 ver.1903. 

I know it's a big jump. But, I needed some of the new features.

My experience today has been this:

- Selecting an object on an artboard does not highlight that object in the layer panel.

- Undo frequently stops responding.

- Any slight change doesn't add the asterisk to the filename to let me know that the file needs saving.

- File > Save is disabled. I have to use File > Save as Local Document.

- Adding interaction triggers using a Dual Shock 4 do not take immediately. I have to now click into the "Key" field beforehand.

- There have been a few times where I change an interaction that somehow carries over to another chain.

- A "Key" field that was previously changed reverts to blank.

I think overall, there's a lot of slowdown or buffering going on in the background, so whatever I'm doing is delayed by however many minutes. The biggest clue was that when I select a different artboard and/or link in Prototype mode, the previous chain link remains focus blue for minutes at a time afterwards.

I might have to revert to 30.1.12.4 to redo all of today's work.

Alternatively, I have another machine running Win 20H2 that I can try this same file out on. But, I'm wary to update the Xd version on that machine. 

Please advise...

I'm really at a loss on how to proceed. 

Is there possibly a more stable recommended version between 30.1.12.4 and 41.0.12.11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the bad experience. Would you mind updating XD to 41.1 version and let us know if you are still struggling with XD? 

We have also shared your feedback with our team for making improvements in the future.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, all. Updated to 41.1.12.9 on Win20H2. So far the Prototype trigger assignments take immediately a higher percentage of the time. I haven't had any crashes. The few times when the trigger assignments didn't take right away were when I came back to an open document from PC sleep or screen lock. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines