• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plus (add) icons on Document Assets bar not working

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot add new Colors, Character Styles or Components on the Document Assets bar. The plus icon buttons are not working, as if they aren't buttons at all.

Initially was using an unsaved document, tried saving to the cloud and restarting the app and neither had any effect.

All other elements on the Document Assets bar are working (filter, list/grid view toggle, search, expand/collapse chevron toggles)

Could someone please try to replicate this (using the same XD version as below) so i can see if it is just mine?

Version: 36.0.32.10, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.71.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Hello Simon,

There is one more way to have color palette. Select a object and open fill from Property Inspector.

Then Fill box will open where you can save color swatches with different opacity , but only solid colors. That is how it is designed.

If still. you find it needs new changes ,you can put your idea here Adobe XD: Feature Requests and get upvoted.

Thanks,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Simon,

Thank you for reporting the issue. I checked with the same XD version and its working fine. 

Is it happening with all the files or with specific ones ?

If it continues to happen , could you please share below logs to subedi@adobe.com  So we can have proper investigation on issue. 

1. CCXProcess Logs

Mac: ~/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/CCX Welcome

Win: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\CCX Welcome

2. AdobeXD.log

Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Adobe/AdobeXD/AdobeXd.log

Win: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.XD.XXXX\LocalState\AdobeXD.log 

3. CCX Process Install Log

Mac: /Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/CCXProcessInstall.log

Win: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\CCX Welcome

4. NGL Logs ( Collect all the NGL logs from the location ) 

Mac: ~/Library/Logs/NGLClient_AdobeXDXXXXX.log 

Win:  %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.XD.XXXX\ AC\ Temp\  NGLClient_AdobeXDXXXXX.log 

5. CCX Welcome Cache Data

Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Caches/Adobe/CCX Welcome

Win:  %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CCX Welcome 

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Anita.

I figured out the issue. I am new to XD so still learning how it works. It seems (unintuitively) that i cannot add a color to the Document Assets color palette unless i have an object selected that is currently using that color.

The issue is that when i have an open, empty document, all of the plus icons are greyed out. As they are all greyed, i cannot tell they are greyed out as there is no non-greyed out plus icon for me to compare it to.

You would think that one could just add colors to the palette by not having anything selected and clicking the plus icon, and picking a color or assigning a hex value to it.

For an application that is all about experience design, the very first thing i tried to do in the app when i opened it, create a color palette, was hampered by unintuitive application design.

You can consider this issue resolved, but i hope that XD one day enables you to add a color to a color palette independent of whether any object exists in the document or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Simon,

There is one more way to have color palette. Select a object and open fill from Property Inspector.

Then Fill box will open where you can save color swatches with different opacity , but only solid colors. That is how it is designed.

If still. you find it needs new changes ,you can put your idea here Adobe XD: Feature Requests and get upvoted.

Thanks,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines