Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Point Text Option Not Visible In Inspection Panel

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.16.56 AM.png

I'm a first time XD user doing part I of the prototyping workshop as part of the Adobe MAX conference. The session instructor has the "point text" and "area text" buttons in the text section of the inspection panel, but I only see "auto width," "auto height," and "fixed size." Any ideas as to how to get the point text buttons to show?

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Hi Cassndra,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes the team has just changed the wording around this. Auto width is what point text was, and fixed width and height was what area text was.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cassndra,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes the team has just changed the wording around this. Auto width is what point text was, and fixed width and height was what area text was.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue on a Windows machine. Autowidth does nothing. Is there another way to get the Area Text feature to work (aka point ext aka autowidth). Stop changing the names of things, please. It makes it very confusing when trying to follow tutorials created by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry for the confusion and sorry to hear you're unable to use the Autowidth option. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on a windows machine. Please make sure you're on the current version of XD (40.1.22). 

I would also suggest going through this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/drawing-text-tools.ug.html which has detail information on the text resize option.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines