• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Polish letters displaying incorrectly (latin-extended)

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some fonts are not displaying correctly with polish alphabet. I can see them only if I select the text or if I'm in "text edit mode", but not when the text layer is selected/not selected. I have noticed this behavior recently (it used to work just fine a couple of months ago).

I can't work because of that with fonts I want to use (official fonts with latin-extended support). This is a must fix asap.

Font used  in this example - montserrat.

polish.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can type in Polish characters without issues. I'm on Mac - are you on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can type using polish characters as well. It's just they disappear as soon as I exit "type mode" from a text layer. When I enter edit mode again, they are back, so they are there.

I'm on Windows. I've uninstalled and installed the font again - nothing changed.

What is more interesting - some of the symbols are just fine - like "ł" and "ó" - but the rest - "ęćźżśą" are not displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lot of clicking and checking different situations, I have come to realize the problem only occurs in BOLD mode... light, semibold, black etc. works just fine. Now that's super weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case can you try switching to Area Text and increase the height of the text area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens. It was "point text" from the beginning, and text area changes nothing. I've changed the size, color and text position - still no effect.

EDIT: Something new - when I try to set "title case" or "uppercase" for a set of polish letters, they change into different signs - Ą into "2", Ę into "]" etc. Someting is messed up here 😉

Screenshot sample:

test2.jpg

test3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 12.13.39.png

This is Montserrat Bold in normal mode and uppercase mode - so it's not a universal XD issue. Can someone on PC test this...? It may be to do with your graphics card driver though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try this particular font on a native Windows application like TextPad or WordPad? What happens with this font in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines