• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor rendering of fonts compared to other design tools

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality of the rendering of fonts, particularly at small sizes and particularly with light coloured text against dark background is noticeably poorer than in either InVision Studio or Figma. I'm using the latest version of all three, and have tested different fonts, colours, sizes and backgrounds. Here's an example of what I'm seeing. Is this a known issue?fonts.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the following blog post, which explains the exporting from XD - https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't just to do with exporting - it's in the design environment itself - sorry, not sure I made that clear initially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like the font is not looking similar in different application. Could you please tell if it's happening with a specific font or with all fonts? I would request you to please try with some different font and share the results with us.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my original post, it happens with all fonts that I've tried. Will post more examples.

gilroy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added another example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another example, in case you didn't see it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, did you see the additional example I posted? Do you need any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details and screenshot. I will be checking with the team regarding this and get back to you shortly. I will be locking this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/Poor-text-rendering-on-dark-backgrounds/td-p/10615714 as I will follow up with you here.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, any response on this issue, as it's really affecting the fundamentals of what I do in XD on a daily basis?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, still not received a reply on this issue - could you let me know what the situation is please, as this is a pretty fundamental problem with XD compared to other products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. We would need few more details from you for further investigation on this like-

• A sample file with me over a private message?
  • What is the OS & XD version you're working on?

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 Professional and XD V1903 and XD 23.1.32.2.

Am happy to share a file with you if you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I PM you with an .xd file? Can only attach photos or videos from what I can see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. You may upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

To send a private message, please see the instruction in the attached image:

PM.png

Kindly share the url of the forum post for reference. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harshika, any update on this issue from the team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines