1. default (inactive)
  2. hover
  3. focus
  4. inactive filled
  5. error - empty
  6. error - filled
  7. disabled

PROBLEM:

I place the component on the artbaord, change the label to "First Name" (for example), and I adjust the size of the input. However, when I change the state from Default to Hover, the input rezies back to the default size, AND the label changes back to the default label. So I have to repeat label and size update. Then, I have to repear over and over for the remaining 5 states.

EXPEXTEC RESULT:

How do I make it so the component DOES NOT RESISZE AND RESET THE TEXT everytime I change the state? Why don't state changes inherit the size and text that is set on the default state? How do I over come this?

DEMO OF PROBLEM:

xdStateResozePain.gif

Just found this other topic, which is the same problem, form about a year ago.

TOPICS
Design , How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice page. This feature is under review and should be available in the future releases. For more information, please stay tuned to this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-component-instance-overrides-to-be-inherited

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or feedback, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We have received a similar request on our Adobe XD UserVoice page. This feature is under review and should be available in the future releases. For more information, please stay tuned to this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com...

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or feedback, we'll be happy to assist.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saying that an ill-conceived feature that is clearly not fit for purpose needs a feature request to be addressed is insulting. That behaviour should've never been released, full stop. XD I guess stands for experience design. Maybe you should apply basic UX to the development of your product. Minimum user testing would've highlighted this issue straight away. Having said that, this issue is so glaringly obvious that it should've been spotted by whoever came up with this functionality. Devising a basic flow for this functionality should've highlighted its shortcomings. If XD had been made as part of a UI design course it would fail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines