• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview window - Switching to other applications

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with the latest update (39.0.12) from this week, navigating to and from the Preview Window is very laggy.
The preview window doesn't refresh in real time, as it used to, and when you try to swith (alt-tab) to other windows it lags for some seconds before doing something.
Switching to other apps (alt-tab) from XD also results in the computer getting laggy for a few seconds.
This does not happen with any other Adobe apps, or any other apps in general.

I'm using Win10 with all the latest updates.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I haven't experienced such issues myself. Just tested it and it seems smooth - preview window updates in real time as I add things to the artboard, and switching away from the preview window or Xd doesn't cause any lag with other programs.

Have you noticed whether it happens on larger files only, or does it happen even with a new blank file?

Do you have the latest video drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with a pretty standard project (5-6 artboards), actually smaller than I usually work. The issues started today after I updated to the latest version.

I do have the latest video drivers.

The problems seems to be when switching from the preview window to other windows, even XD or other applications. I'm working too projects at the same time, which I normally do without any problems, and switching between both XD projects (using the task bar, or alt-tabbing) seems to cause a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size is your artboard?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Standard iPhone 6/7 from the XD presets.

And it seems it fixed it self, today it seems to be working fine. No lag, no nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines