• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[previewWeb]- Terrible, jittery scrolling of published prototypes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long-time user of XD since it was launched.  We use it in our company, and have published many prototypes in the last couple of years.

Since Jan/Feb however, we've noticed that scrolling up & down a prototype using the mouse wheel has gone extremely jittery, to the point it hardly works.  

We use Windows 10 and Chrome on a combination of different laptops and desktop computers, and it happens on all them.  All PC's are up to date and high-spec.

This never used to happen, and it's extremely frustrating.

Anyone else with the same problem?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Hi Franco,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tried that link and it seems to be working fine on my end. Will it possible for you to reset the browser once and check again or try a different browser?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble scrolling up and down in the prototype link. Would you mind sharing the link with us here so that we can test at our end? Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

It's not just one link, it's all of them.  Shall I share a couple of them? 

The problem is mainly when it's not in fullscreen view, ie you can see the Comments panel to the right hand side.

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. I'd request if you can share a few of the sample links so that we can test it from our end.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link:
https://xd.adobe.com/view/adefcc00-34a0-4f0e-6ac2-56357930d73c-dbde/?fullscreen&hints=off

In the video below I'm using scroll non-stop and still shows some jittering. I use chrome and Windows 10, both updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem, it's kinda annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franco,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tried that link and it seems to be working fine on my end. Will it possible for you to reset the browser once and check again or try a different browser?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I've been meaning to get in touch regarding this problem, as it's still a big issue for us, in September 2020.

We've published a number of new prototypes using updated versions of XD, and this is definitely still an issue. We have verified that the issue occurs on multiple different PC's, all using Windows 10, so it's definitely not a problem specific to an individual installation.

We've also noticed that it only seems to occur on complex prototypes with lots of elements and images. Please see the following examples for pages where the scrolling isn't smooth:

1. Prototype One "Home" - the initial section seems fine, but then as you start to scroll further down the page it slows down and becomes extremely jittery. Scrolling back up gives the same problem.
  2. Prototype Two "Home 1" - the same problem occurs here too.  Scrolling down and then back up with the scroll wheel just isn't smooth, and slows down terribly at times.
  3. Prototype Three "Home" - same problem.  At times it can seem okay, but if you scroll up and down the page multiple times using the scroll wheel, it's just not smooth, not consistent, and certainly not how it should be.

Can you please test the above prototypes and see if you can replicate the problem? Showcasing designs to clients is frustrating at times whilst this issue persists.

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines