• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previous Artboard doesn't work in cloud

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sharing prototype with the cloud, the previous artboard action does not work with Keys & Gamepad trigger. I used key "B". The action only works in a local prototype.

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Hi Jessica,

My observation: After opening the link in browser(safari), the page with name controller's office (home page?) gets opened  then by clicking on transactions button on right side of the page navigates to transactions page now pressing key"B" navigates back to controller page(Previous artboard). I have attached a video of the prototype workflow for your reference.

Is it possible to share a video of the prototype workflow of the XD file which you are using so, It will help us to under

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you're having trouble using  keys & gamepad triggers with previus artboard action. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Also Is it possible to share a video of the workflow so it will be useful to reproduce the issue from our end.

Tried to reproduce the issue by using same key "B" and other keys as well for trigger with action set to previous artboard  on latest XD version-39.0.12.12 and prototype works fine for me, but couldn't able to reproduce your Issue.

4. As I understood  you have mentioned as previous artboard action works on local prototype and Issue is on shared  link,  Is it possible to share that shared prototype link with us.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chethan, 

Thanks for looking into this. The details are below. 

Version 39.0.12.12

Impacts all files/projects

Project link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/69c04aff-299c-4961-a77b-c1e1108060f0-3c93/

Issue: The previous artboard action does not work in the cloud view, but will work in a local view. To share with clients and collect feedback, I need to the action to work in cloud view. The project uses the keyboard trigger B. I've previously tried using the left keyboard arrow but that interfered with the webpage navigation. 

Let me know if I can provide anything else. 

Jessica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for sharing the prototype link. Tried to reproduce the Issue with the link which you have shared with us and what I have observed is, the page with name controller's office (home page?) gets opened when I open the link in browser and when I am on transactions page I am able to navigate back to the previous artboard i,e controller's page using Key "B", same behaviour with other pages as well. Is it possible to share the XD file with us for better understanding and to analyze the prototype in the file.

We really appreciate your patience and happy to help, just need more information.

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is a company project, I don't think I'm allowed to share the file. 

Can you describe your experience more? I tried Google Chrome and Safari, then I click b after the screen changes. The prototype doesn't respond. I'm curious if I'm just missing a step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

My observation: After opening the link in browser(safari), the page with name controller's office (home page?) gets opened  then by clicking on transactions button on right side of the page navigates to transactions page now pressing key"B" navigates back to controller page(Previous artboard). I have attached a video of the prototype workflow for your reference.

Is it possible to share a video of the prototype workflow of the XD file which you are using so, It will help us to understand the prototype transition in your file.

We really appreciate your patience and happy to help, just need more information.

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upon further exploration, I believe more appropriate answer is that the previous verison did not support the previous artboard feature fully. With the latest verison installed across all my devices, the feature works. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines