• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with pasteboard and artboard in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have problem with the artboards. Why when I drag some attached items (svg in my case) to the pasteboard are disappearing and others are staying visible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you drag one icon off to the pasteboard by itself rather than two at a time? Are these symbols or grouped objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not grouped. When I move them separately, the same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a video of you moving one off of the pasteboard and then the other? Are they symbols or are they layered objects? Can you recreate this behavior with text and images or is it just these icons. Is it repeatable in a new document containing just these two icons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having this issue also. I draw a line, and attempt to copy it to another artboard. it doesnt work, it just sits on the pasteboard even though its within the artboard bounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When dragging something off of an Artboard, it must be dragged 100% off of Artboard. If even 1 pixel still overlaps the Artboard (even if it is transparent), it remains part of the Artboard. In this case, only the 1 pixel is displayed, the remaining is only "ghost" displayed when selected, and not displayed at all when de-selected.

Based on the video, that looks like what is happening in your case. You can still see it while it's selected, but not after de-selecting it. You can use Layers Panel to select things on your Artboard that are not visible. Or try dragging it a little further away from Artboard.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Randy but this isn't my issue. My lines are INSIDE the artboard. They are part of my design. But when I go to the layers panel, they are sitting on the pastboard, and copy/cut/paste doesnt work to move them back into the artboard. Aditionally, the controls for the lines are offset from the actual line. This is clearly a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chrisem101,

Yes, I saw your response in the "Lines in Adobe XD don't end up on artboard but on pasteboard" post. The original post looks like a bug, but I am unable to reproduce it, so I'm not sure what's going on. I can't tell much from your screenshot.

I recommend that you start a new post with the simplest set of steps to reproduce the problem in a new document. As I said, I have already tried to reproduce it, so there is a subtle difference somewhere. Specify your version of XD, OS version, type of hardware, etc. 

Take a video with slow steps and show as much of XD as possible -- it helps to be able to see canvas decorations, PI values, which canvas mode, and any other cues that may help figure out what's happening. 

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines