• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Processes and memory

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am evaluating some apps for my company and installed first only XD on my WIndows 10 system. I have asked NOT to upgrade my apps and NOT to start CC on boot.  Still Adobe apps use over 700 MB memory and sometimes up to 25% CPU on a i9 system.  Have tried reboot.

What is going on Adobe, you exclude yourself this way.  What if all software behaved like this?  If I ask a software NOT to start on startup, I expect it to use no resources until I start it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable a program in Windows startup
-Right click the 'window pane' in the very bottom left corner of the Windows desktop
-Select Task Manager in the pop up option window
-Click More details if you don't see startup
-Select the Startup tab inside Task Manager
-Select the program you want to disable
-Click Disable in the bottom right corner
-BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU DISABLE SO YOU DON'T STOP WINDOWS FROM RUNNING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I am a developer and know I can manually disable autostart, you also need to diable services.  My point is that most user do not know this and it should not be neacessary, especially when you explicit turn off autostart and auto update in the app!  Then there should be no footprint if the app is not running. That Adobe runs about 5-10 processes in the background just to install a simple app like XD is not acceptable.  Especially since those processes actually take up almost 1GB of memory and use up to 25% CPU on my high end i9 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines