Prototype deleted with shared doc

Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I connect art boards in prototype mode on a document that's shared on CC all connections gets deleted when a collaborator is editing the same document in design mode. When I click to accept changes made by a collaborator the art boards are no longer connected in prototype mode and I'm forced to do the job of connecting them all over again. Is this a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Prototype deleted with shared doc

Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I connect art boards in prototype mode on a document that's shared on CC all connections gets deleted when a collaborator is editing the same document in design mode. When I click to accept changes made by a collaborator the art boards are no longer connected in prototype mode and I'm forced to do the job of connecting them all over again. Is this a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 12, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Sorry that you are unable to work on changes which your collaborator has made. Could you please confirm if you are using the latest version, Adobe XD 17. If not, you may follow these steps to update it: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.

I'll try to replicate this situation where you are unable to see the changes made by your collaborator.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2019 0
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for reaching out but I never wrote I'm unable to see changes made by collaborators. Please read my post again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, I assumed that the wires were included in the change applied, thanks for the clarification. I would also like to know if you and your collaborator have updated to the latest version?

Thanks,

Atul

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2019 0
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are both up to date on both XD and OS. The collaborator is using Mac and I'm on W10 if that makes any difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Thanks for being patient with this, I have tried this procedure here. there are two machines, Windows 10 and Mojave. I edited on Win 10, changes were accepted on Mojave, as expected. Then changes were made in design mode on Mojave and I accepted them on Win 10 as expected.

Eg. there are 3 artboards. 1, 2, 3. person A shared it with B, B added another artboard, 1,2,3,4 and save the changes. A accepted it and changes were applied. Now A deleted artboard number 4. And save it. After accepting the changes, B gets 1,2,3. And all the wires were intact as it is.

Still, I would request you to raise this issue here: -Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and share the thread with us so that we can keep a track of it.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 0
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tired of writing bug reports for Adobe. You should do yourself and test your software and CC system over time. Not being able to reproduce errors in a one time effort is hardly the best approach. There are much more issues to shared files in addition to this, files being overwritten etc. Very very unstable concept. Can't work like this. Way too risky.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 0