Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[PROTOTYPE]- Hover states are not triggering properly/consistently

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem:
Hover states often persist when trying to mouse over objects. In the attached video you'll see a default state and I click through the hover state elements and you see the bounding box. Then in testing you'll see that the  hover state persist when I'd like to activate the adjacent button. This is also seems to be an issue when a button is alone in a group. In the second video you see a continue button, which will deactivate the hover, but will not reactivate it until I mouse outside it's group's bounds. 

How do I make this work better? It's difficult to show clients things that appear to not work. 

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried replicating the same on my end and it seems that it worked fine. I'd recommend changing the duration for the animation to 0 seconds and then check again. You can also refer to this sample file: https://xd.adobe.com/view/8097e9b3-f58c-4cf2-5cb3-ab5954dbee78-f6a6/

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Rishabh, 
Thank you for your response, however the sample shown ois very simple and doesn't show grouped objects as a hover state - unless there are other hidden objects I can not see. My transitions are set to no animation and so the timing isn't even an option. It defaults to 0 and is uneditable. 

Here's a link to my xd file: https://xd.adobe.com/view/7115a078-762b-4c65-72d3-b7e0fdf373c7-0724/ 

Note that the bounding box for the grouped items in a hover state overlays the other icons. I believe it's having trouble with this. capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines