• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototype : How to assign a gamepad key (e.g. Right key) and do nothing i.e. remain in same Artboard

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a game design, where I am on the first rail and I am navigating between the cards using the right navigation (gamepad in prototype). When I hit the last card i.e Card D (as seen in the image) using right navigation. I want to give the user experience that user has hit the dead end when he tries to right navigate on card D. however, in xd prototype, when I do right navigation on the last card, it jumps to next artboard (even if it is not connected). How can I avoid this?

iamdupreti_0-1591076236613.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to achieve this, you can follow a workaround, you can add an additional object like a rectangle on the last artboard and you can change the opacity to 0. Then in Prototype mode, you can wire up the last artboard object with that additional rectangle with 0 opacity, and then if you will preview the artboard will navigate from first to last, and then it will stop at last. For more information, you can refer to the screenshot and a sample prototype link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to achieve this, you can follow a workaround, you can add an additional object like a rectangle on the last artboard and you can change the opacity to 0. Then in Prototype mode, you can wire up the last artboard object with that additional rectangle with 0 opacity, and then if you will preview the artboard will navigate from first to last, and then it will stop at last. For more information, you can refer to the screenshot and a sample prototype link:

Prototype link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/c6bcede0-27f6-4525-74b7-ef17e899e326-b08d/

gampadnavigation.PNG

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines