Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Prototype]- Menu dropdown with hover effect

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm wondering if we could achieve a menu dropdown with hover trigger?

screen_shot_2019-08-07_at_6.41.57_pm_4x

The problem I'm struggling is...
When I hover over the item, the hover area expands and it covers the next item. Then the next item won't work when I move the mouse to the next.

screen_shot_2019-08-07_at_6_41.png

I'd appreciate if you could advise! Thanks 🙂

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

The current implementation is flawed: XD creates one rectangular interactive area in that hover state, across and on top of the whole menu, indeed blocking all other elements. That's technically not how a real website or app would be working, but that's how XD works at this moment... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to inform you that it's working as expected as the component's bound includes the area of the menu bar. Feel free to submit your feedback about this use case here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suffering from the same flaw as described in this discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/how-to-use-multiple-hover-states-within-a-component-in-adobe...

It's technically working as expected (from an XD developer's viewpoint), but it's not working elegantly or as expected from an XD user's viewpoint, and not as a final product would be expected and able to work.

So the only thing you can do, is mimic some predefined steps in hovering over the menu. It won't be able to work 'for real' (yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I couldn't get it... Do you mean it's not yet achievable yet?
Or if not, could you please provide the similar example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current implementation is flawed: XD creates one rectangular interactive area in that hover state, across and on top of the whole menu, indeed blocking all other elements. That's technically not how a real website or app would be working, but that's how XD works at this moment... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all you can do is mimic the scenario of one menu option, perhaps followed by steps which mimic the other buttons, and not create a whole working menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think that the solution might be making it possible for interactions with one component to change the state of other components.

i.e. hover over a button component changes the opacity (or position, or whatever) of a specific dropdown component.

That would allow for this specific interaction to work, and also for plenty of other use cases.

User voice thread for this feature: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38959297-allow-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luca,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and sharing the uservoice link for this feature. This will help our customers to upvote the request to add their voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines