• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototype-Option "Fix position when scrolling" disappears after today's update in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have updated Adobe XD to the latest version

The button disappeared "Fix position when scrolling"

I do not know how to fix this problem

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

It appears in Prototype mode. Switch workspace to Prototype, select an object and "Fixed position when scrolling" checkbox becomes active in the right panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears in Prototype mode. Switch workspace to Prototype, select an object and "Fixed position when scrolling" checkbox becomes active in the right panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the world is this available in prototype mode only? If you have only 1 board/screen, you have to manually add an empty board to get to this option. This user experience is ridiculous...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of creating a dummy artboard, you can dismiss "create multiple artboards" screen by clicking  the X on the top right corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kenneth, thanks for the tip! It's fine, but it still doesn't solve the problem. This option should be available in design view or both at least. Right now it's just very confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so mucho bro!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find it even on the prototype window. here's a screenshot of what the prototype right click looks like. can someone please help me out

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.10.35 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.10.28 PM.png

this is what my design window looks like -

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 6.10.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding the "Fix Position option" in prototype mode. I'd request you to select any component in the artboard and then on the right-side panel you should be able to see the option.

Please see the attached screenshot below:

Please let me know if you've any issues with this. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have an object selected. I don't have this right side panel that is shown in the screenshot, in prototype mode there is no right side panel for me. this is what my entire prototyping window looks like -

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 7.00.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't find fixed positions, can someone please help me! I need it for an urgent project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jahnavi,

Could you please update to the latest version(21.1.12.3) and let us know if you are still facing this issue?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I just updated this morning (July 24, 2019), and I have NO "fixed position" option showing up in either Design or Prototype mode.  PLEASE HELP!!  I am working in the Web version, if that matters.

v 21.1.12.32Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 12.12.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it in the iPhone version, and it didn't show up there either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.  I found it.  It's ONLY in Prototype mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select and object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it.  It's ONLY in Prototype mode.  Make sure you have an object selected, and it should be on the bottom of the right-side control window.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 12.27.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select and object in the prototype tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the dumbest choice ever. It was working well before in the design tab where it can be defined  the scroll attributes. Now I can't make a whole navigation bar sticky in the prototype tab. I am just able to add a fixed position only for icons from that bar. 

Thanks designers for your proactivity. What was wrong with it before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set the position of the tab bar at the bottom fixed when I scroll in Adobe XD but
I can't find any 'fixed position when scrolling' in either Design or Prototype.
I attached my file here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ebe8CjjgQ0-tZPvwiaRU9VynS1hPCdxa?usp=sharing
You can see the tab bar at the bottom with 4 icons: Home, Rooms, My Rooms and My Account.
I want this to be fixed, not scrollable.
Can you help me on this?
I will be really grateful for any kind of help.
I will be looking forward to your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the frustration. It looks like you are facing the similar problem mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/scroll-groups-not-working-with-fix-position-when-scrolling/t...

If so, the bug is already logged for the problem and you will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Saved me some design time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select an object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines