• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototype-Option "Fix position when scrolling" disappears after today's update in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have updated Adobe XD to the latest version

The button disappeared "Fix position when scrolling"

I do not know how to fix this problem

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

It appears in Prototype mode. Switch workspace to Prototype, select an object and "Fixed position when scrolling" checkbox becomes active in the right panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a component selected in prototype mode, but there is no "Fix position when scrolling", moreover I am sure there used to be one. the selected component is selected for sure, it's blue, and on other artboards it used to work perfectly. I really am beginning to get frustrated, could someone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the huge caveat that I can only get Fix Position When Scrolling to appear on a single object that is not inside a group. Makes it tough to keep all of the parts and pieces together. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This comment alone just solved it for me after an hour of searching because it has changed so often. Anything within a group does not have the option of 'fix position when scrolling'. Confusingly, it doesn't even show the possibility if you select something from within a group. Seriously, for a program that is helping us design good user experiences, this is a horrible user experience.

Tips for the dev team:

1. Leave the 'scrolling' section where it is in the prototype sidebar, but make it light grey (inactive) if it can't currently be used! Like all of your other interactions, it shows you can do it but only when you complete the steps prior! The fact that it isn't there at all gives the user no indication anywhere that it is something you can actually do.
  2. While it is greyed out (inactive) can you put a little info hover so that it tells people that items within a group cannot be fixed? That way we know how to fix it.

Thankyou devs, I know your job is hard but this one is a bit of a UX fail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines