Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view prototype share links on mobile devices

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

yesterday I posted this issue in a existing forum topic, but still no answer... Getting desperate here :S
- - - - - -

XD Prototype links not working on mobile
"Hi, i'm having the same issue with a new prototype. 
When I view it on desktop it works fine, but when I open in chrome/safari on a mobile device it starts to load but then the browser displays an error.
This is very upseting since I have to deliver tomorrow! Please help!"
- - - - - -
— Today the issue remains, but I've been able to understand a little bit more about the problem.
It seeems the less interactions the prototype has, less the probability for error display. Also I reduced the amount of linked components and image size.
I was able to deliver a lite version of my work, with very few interactions and pages. However, this doesn't help much, because I don't have the possibilty to workaround this problem with the ongoing work.

I really hope you can help.

TOPICS
Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The issue was fixed with XD 55 release, please reload the links and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Will it be possible for you to share the link with us so that we can test this on our end? If yes, you can share it here or through DM by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Rishabh, 
I've sent you a DM with the prototype link.

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry for the delay, please update XD to the latest version and update the link once and test it on a mobile device. I just tested this on my end and it seems to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Rishabh, unfortunately it doesn't work.
I did as you said, my Adobe XD is updated (v36.2.32.5), and now I get this error on chrome:

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 11.16.56.png

If I try to create a new link, it displays this error on XD:

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 11.34.57.png

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration. Our services were down few hours ago which are back to normal now. Could you please try again and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Harshika, thank you for your answer and so sorry for the delay in my response.
I've made another try at updating and sharing the prototype. I was sucessful, however viewing it in the iphone still displays errors while loading the pages (ie. too much time loading the page and keep scroll position not working). 
I've made some chages too, regarding how the interactions were made, in order to make it more simple. Nothing unusual is beeing done there, so why can this prototype work like the others?

Thank you in advance, I still hope you can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

unfortunately this problem still remains in adobe XD. 
As I try to preview my mobile prototype in a mobile browser - Chrome or Safari -  it displays an error message. 
All that I can say is that a made an effort in order to keep the images lightweight, the interactions to a slim minimum and yet no preview. 
Please, please, help.

iPhone XS iOS 15.3.1
Browsers: Chrome and Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

Sorry for the delay in response. I wanted to confirm if you're following the same process mentioned here to preview the prototype on your mobile device.

Does that happen with all the files? Are you able to open these prototypes in your desktop browser? Please share the prototype link with us along with the XD version

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Adobe XD folks, 
it's been a while since I've posted here, and yet, the last time I did the problem was exactly the same.
For some reason, my prototypes share url almost always have problems while opening on iOS Chrome & Safari. 
For the last year I've been living with workarounds, making my interactions simpler, not using video - as advertised by adobe - or any other UI/UX functionality that could, for some inexplainable reason, crash my prototype. I cannot believe that a year later the issue remains. You can go to my previous post and check more the details there.

I urge you, please help. This is an intolerable and unacceptable issue/bug.
Thank you in advance, 
Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

Sorry for the delay in response. I wanted to confirm if you're following the same process mentioned here to preview the prototype on your mobile device.

Does that happen with all the files? Are you able to open these prototypes in your desktop browser? Please share the prototype link with us along with the XD version

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Harshika

Yes I'm doing everything accordingly.

When working I use the Adobe XD app on my iPhone, for real time preview of the prototype, and it works just fine. The problem is when I share the prototype in order to deliver a link for client presentation.
I've tested those links in several mobile browsers and devices, iPhones with chrome and safari, Androids and the "awww snap" screen persists. All these devices are up to date and running the latest versions of the OS and apps.

Thanks for your help,  
Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

Thanks for sharing the info. Would you mind sharing a link with me so that I can check at my end? Please share the version of XD installed on your iPhone.

We will try our best to investigate the issue and escalate it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
I have DM you with the link. I'ts a work in progress so I can't post it here.

Thanks, 

Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

were you able to fix this problem? We've had user testings this week and all of those who used an iPhone had problems viewing the link! 

Please resolve this problem as quickly as possible 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sophie, 
I'm still waiting for answers or solutions 😞 

Hey Harshika do you have anything for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Harshika
Is this issue still under evaluation? Are there any news? 
My team&company is getting increasingly frustrated 😞

I urge you, please help!
Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

Thank you for your patience and for sharing the prototype link. I tried opening the link on my iPhone browser, and it opened fine for me. Please see the attached screenshot.

Could you please share your Adobe ID with me over a PM?

I am trying my best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Harshika
I'm glad it works on your end, however it doesn't make me less concerned regarding client presentations.
As requested I've sent you a PM with the Abode ID.

We made another try at our end and the results are very clear: 
Link doesn't work on:

iPhone X 
iPhone XS 

iPhone 11 

iPhone 11 Pro 

iPhone 13 Pro 

Link works on:

Android One Plus 6

AndroidSamsung Galaxy A71

Android Samsung Galaxy S7 

Thank you, 
Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

Thanks for sharing the details. It looks like the issue is happening with heavy files. One of our engg. team member can reproduce the issue on a heavy XD file. Could you please check and confirm if the size of the file or images or vectors used in XD file is large or heavy?

We are trying our best to investigate the issue and help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika
As I said before, the file is reduced to the slim minimum.
All the images are lightweight. 
The interactions are simple.
Not using video.

If you want I can send you the file so you and your team can verify for themselves. 

Thkx

Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention: the XD file weights exactly 20,9 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional info, t_insight_design01. Yes, please upload the XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

I am trying my best to investigate and help you with the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika
The file is already in my CC - I always work with the XD files in the cloud - you can look for it there. I assume your team is able to do that without having me copy-paste the file to another location. 
However, I'm sending you via PM a link for a copy of that file. 

Thanks, 

Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sophie23644706g5hm,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind telling us if it's happening with all the links or any specific link?

Could you please share a prototype link with me over a private message for testing purposes?

We are trying our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines