• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Prototype] Tap interaction in drag interaction

Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a simple carousel in an element, changing it's position between two artboards.

I create the drag interaction, but the element earns a tap interaction, but this one wasn't set in any moment.

I think it may be a bug.

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

I can confirm your conclusion.

Setting an freshly made interaction to the intended Drag trigger, invokes an unwanted Tap trigger doing a Transition. And it's not possible to set the trigger beforehand (it remains gray), or to remove the Tap trigger by setting the Destination to None afterwards, and then reselect and reset the Drag trigger. There will always remain a Tap trigger...

This is clearly a flaw in the design of the feature.

We must wait for the developers to correct and improve it, an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francobits,

You really make good designs in Adobe XD. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the design showing all the interactions in the prototype mode? I would also like to confirm if you have connected the second scroll back to the first one. 

Please check out this post for Horizontal Scrolling in Adobe XD: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/horizontal-scrolling-in-adobe-xd/td-p/10602069?page=1

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the intended scenario, and see that it's going wrong. I created a similar setup, and it works like it should. So there must be something wrong in your version. Without any hands-on, I can only look at your example in the same puzzled state like you. Are you willing to share the file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, thank you for your feedback. While I was preparing the files to upload for you, I guess I discovered the bug. When I have a scrollable artboard and the drag trigger is below the viewport line, it "adds" a tap interaction.

I created a new, simpler file with only two scrollable artboards and a drag interaction between them.

https://downloads2.nddigital.com.br/franco/scroll-drag-bug.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm your conclusion.

Setting an freshly made interaction to the intended Drag trigger, invokes an unwanted Tap trigger doing a Transition. And it's not possible to set the trigger beforehand (it remains gray), or to remove the Tap trigger by setting the Destination to None afterwards, and then reselect and reset the Drag trigger. There will always remain a Tap trigger...

This is clearly a flaw in the design of the feature.

We must wait for the developers to correct and improve it, and the marketeers to claim it as a break-through new feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines