Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototype width doesn't fit to browser

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

My design prototype doesn't fit to the browser. Exactly the same issue as here: Published Prototype Doesn't Fit-to-Screen (in Browser) in Full Screen Mode - i tried add ?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit&fullscreen” to url and its work great, but today its not fitting again even with this edited url. I tried it at multiple device's (mac's and pc) with the same result.

Thanks at advance

Lukas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

It doesn't even matter what resolution screen your clients have, it's what users of the site will have. I think either 1366 or 1440 would be a better choice (and a better default for XD) because those are more common desktop screen resolutions (and you won't have this issue). Ultimately when the website is coded it will have to be responsive (meaning it adapts to different size screens), but for initial designs in XD, I'd go with:

• 1366 or 1440 for desktop
  • iPad (a 768 tablet)
  • iPhone 5/SE (because i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukas,

As you have mentioned, your prototype is not scaling properly even after adding “?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit&fullscreen” to the URL. I would like to inform you that the information about this issue is posted here on this link: - Published mockup - full screen mode issue – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs.

I would request you to share the following details.

1. Version of Adobe XD that you are using.
  2. Size of the artboard.
  3. Screen resolution.
  4. Link of the prototype in a private message(if possible). To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.
  5. Browser that you are using.

Please feel free to update this discussion, I'd appreciate your patience and cooperation with the same.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Actually today its almost fine again , when i added "?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit&fullscreen" to url the design almost fit on the screen again. Almost, because there are still both vertical and horizontal sliders in browser and i can slightly sroll design with them. In chrome is it like this but in Safari it is still very large (same as yesterday).

I use XD 8.1.22.2

All artboards have width 1920px and different heights.

I'm using Chrome, Safari.

Thank you for help.

Lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, its not almost fine. Its just my browser remember that i set 75% zoom on this page

Thats mean its still not working

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And my screen size is 2880x1800px (macbook pro 15)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask why you are designing 1920px artboards when you are designing on a screen that XD considers 1440? (Your screen is @2x, so 2880/2 = 1440). 1920 is quite a large screen to design for.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats because its default artboard size when you are creating new web project in XD and i supposed that this will be the best choice.

And also i don't designing it for myself, but for clients which i don't know what size of monitor they have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't even matter what resolution screen your clients have, it's what users of the site will have. I think either 1366 or 1440 would be a better choice (and a better default for XD) because those are more common desktop screen resolutions (and you won't have this issue). Ultimately when the website is coded it will have to be responsive (meaning it adapts to different size screens), but for initial designs in XD, I'd go with:

• 1366 or 1440 for desktop
  • iPad (a 768 tablet)
  • iPhone 5/SE (because it's smaller and you need to make sure your design can work on these types of small devices)

It's harder to make things fit/work on smaller screens with limited space. If you make sure things work on smaller screens, you can then work up to bigger screens.

I know that's not specifically answering your original question, but I hope this advice helps you (and others).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this is actually solving the issue.. to change the screen size of all the work that is already done may work as a workaround, but the issue is still there: when putting the prototype in full screen mode it all depends on the screen of each individual to create scrolls or not. Prototypes are not resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

la soluciona

1. se debe dejar el sitio  en una medida de

816 a 900

2. se debe realizar las diferentes acciones por componentes, para slider y botones , les comparto el video de como funcionan los componentes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlPnwvMjfXU

Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-22 a la(s) 1.03.40 a. m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No es buena práctica siempre dejar los prototipos en resoluciones pequeñas (¿para qué dan opciones a otras tamaños de pantalla si al final no deberías usarlas en tus prototipos?). Las páginas deberían tener los tamaños que uno quiera dar y el programa deberpia dar la opción de que el prototipo se ajuste a la pantalla de los usuarios (los clientes) cuando lo abran, no solo a tu ordenador. Porque sí tu lo ves bien no significa que tus clientes lo ve´ran igual y todos deberían ser capaces de verlo bien idependientemente del browser donde lo abran y si es monitor, laptopo tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is website mockup website should be 1366 x780px width or 1280 x 800 px? Quick Mockup plugin website is 1366 x780?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines