Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototypes should not change size depending on browser dimensions

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

This is actually quite ridiculous. If I create a web page of 1920x5000px for example, and I am exporting it so that my client can see its interactions, if he's viewing the thing on his notebook on an 1366x768 resolution, the whole website will be shrunk. It's outrageous, there should be scrollbars, yes, even horizontally, my clients always ask me why everything is so small, and I have to explain to them that Adobe XD fits the width of the website based on the browser's website if it's smaller, so I have to re-export for their resolution.

Please fix this, it's a total nightmare.

Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make your suggestions to:

adobexd.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a proper Viewport size ?

Your page can be very long, but the preview needs to remain restricted to a certain height, called the Viewport. It corresponds with that dashed blue line in your design.

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-08 om 18.53.11.png

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-08 om 18.54.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

It doesn't matter what viewport I use, if the design width is larger than my client's browser width, the design will be shrunk to fit the resolution of whoever is viewing the prototype. Try making a screen that exceeds your browser resolution width by 1000px, and make the viewport as small as you want, you'll notice that all the elements are way smaller in the browser than they are in the actual design. That stinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines