• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Prototyping] Action not working in component state not initially loaded in preview mode

Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a file I have one component A with a second state that there's an element that doesn't exist in default state (like a menu). I created a new component B with only one state and put the previous component inside it, forming an action bar.

I copied and pasted this action bar component into a new file (turning both components linked components). In prototype mode I linked the new element in component A's second state to a new artboard.

If I preview the artboard with component A in default state, when opening (component A, menu), the new element won't have the tap action to the second artboard. If I preview the first artboard with component A second state opened (with the element displaying) it shows the tap interaction.

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Hi Franco,

Thanks for sharing the video,In some cases alternate state’s bounding box being greater than its default state for nested components, its causing it to become unclickable.We are aware of this issue and a fix is underway. You should be able to see this issue resolved in the upcoming releases.Please download the latest version of XD and enjoy the new features. 

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Chet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried to reproduce your Issue by creating a component with 2 states[Default + State 2] and a new element in state2 with text and rectangle inside. I added tap action in each state and alternate between them and I created a new link from state-2 new element to artboard-2  and  while previewing both transitions [1st transition- Default->state2->artboard2 and 2nd transition-State2->artboard2] are working fine and I am able to load the link from component's state 2 even if it isn't the initial state loaded in preview mode . I did on my Windows 10 machine with latest version of XD which is 30.2.12.3. Could you please confirm the OS version and the XD version which you are using and also is it possible for you to share the file and video so that we can understand your Issue clearly and test it on our end?

I would also like to know a few more details like-

Is it happening with every file?
Since when you started facing this issue?
Is the Issue is with initial component's state as Default state or Is it reproducible for states other than state 2?,since you have mentioned with state2 Issue is not reproducible.

Can you specify the action which you are using for transition between default state and state 2.
Are you working in an enterprise network?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chethan! Sorry for the lack of replies, I totally forgot about this post.

I recorded a video and tried to explain the whole situation in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franco,

Thanks for sharing the video,In some cases alternate state’s bounding box being greater than its default state for nested components, its causing it to become unclickable.We are aware of this issue and a fix is underway. You should be able to see this issue resolved in the upcoming releases.Please download the latest version of XD and enjoy the new features. 

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franco,

It's been a long time we haven't heard from you. We would like to follow up on your issue. Would you mind telling us if your issue is resolved? Please let us know if you need further assistance from us.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue and am running version 33.1.12.4.

I have tried several workarounds and have not been able to solve this issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the last workaround worked. Not too happy with it to be honest. Basically, XD cannot handle nested components as you would assume it to. I had to remove the hamburger menu from the top bar master component and make it a stand-alone component that needs to be placed on top of the top bar in order for the links inside the menu to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines