• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototyping - How to change components based on interaction of another component?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are attempting to simulate a user adding feedback to a number of records.  Say there are four records on the screen (a modal dialog for entering data) and when the user clicks one of three values this should visually change the record.  We would like to simulate the user not entering feedback, entering feedback on some records, entering feedback on all records, etc. 

This is not a parent/child relationship as I've seen others suggest in similar questons.  Ideally the record is a componet, the feedback area is another component and the two together are in a repeat grid (for the four records).

If we were to handle all of this through artboards and transitions the combination would create quite a huge undertaking.  

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MattPennerVVUSD,

Thank you for sharing the detailed description. Please excuse this design, here's a prototype which might be of help- (https://xd.adobe.com/view/36060e2a-cb4b-4c6b-520d-1df341e9d52c-4037/). Please check this out and let me know if this is something that you are looking for? 

If this doen't matches your description, would it be possible for you to share a visual example so that we may assist you further. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Atul.  With your prototype, our goal would be to allow the circles to be colored purple or, say, orange depending on the user's input.  I suppose we could use multiple states on the component, but only if we could control the current state from a sibling component.  I.e. clicking on a trigger in one component causes an effect on another (not parent/child) componet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MattPennerVVUSD,

Sorry for the delay in response. I think you may achieve this by following this workaround.

• Ungroup repeat Grid and components after the layout is done. 
  • Duplicating the artboard to give shape to your animation using different individual components.  

This might not be the ideal way of doing it, however, I think it can get the work done. Let us know in case you need further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines