Highlighted

PSD Icon filling the whole shape

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I moved to Adobe XD (from Illustrator) and in illustrator I used .EPS format for icons. Now I use .PSD format in XD and I downloaded an icon and when I fill it, the whole shape fills (rather than the icon) I have attached screenshots for you to see.

I had the same issue in illustrator but in order to remove it I clicked A(selection tool) and removed a "invisible" layer on the icon which caused that issue. Here in XD I don't know how to remove that layer (if that's the problem)

I need help here.

Thanks in advance.

iliyani84496382_0-1590563709452.png

iliyani84496382_1-1590563721459.png

TOPICS
Crash on mac, Crash on windows, Data loss, Design, Download install and licensing, Extensibility, How to, Import and export, Missing feature, Open and save docs, Plug-ins, Preview, Product performance, Prototyping, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PSD Icon filling the whole shape

Explorer ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I moved to Adobe XD (from Illustrator) and in illustrator I used .EPS format for icons. Now I use .PSD format in XD and I downloaded an icon and when I fill it, the whole shape fills (rather than the icon) I have attached screenshots for you to see.

I had the same issue in illustrator but in order to remove it I clicked A(selection tool) and removed a "invisible" layer on the icon which caused that issue. Here in XD I don't know how to remove that layer (if that's the problem)

I need help here.

Thanks in advance.

iliyani84496382_0-1590563709452.png

iliyani84496382_1-1590563721459.png

TOPICS
Crash on mac, Crash on windows, Data loss, Design, Download install and licensing, Extensibility, How to, Import and export, Missing feature, Open and save docs, Plug-ins, Preview, Product performance, Prototyping, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble using icons in XD. Would you mind trying to hide that layer from the layer panel? There is an eye icon in the layers panel click on it.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the Eye Icon but it hides the whole icon, not only the layer above it.

(L1 = the icon)

iliyani84496382_0-1590652964346.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0