• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Paste below" threshold line in Layers

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(this is cross-posted from the Uservoice forum, but if this form has a 'feature request' category then...)

Pasting anything into an XD file automatically places that object at the top of the hierarchy. For files that have "always on top" elements (such as pinned menu bars), this has you constantly having to move things up/down to correct the stacking order.

What I'm suggesting is a line/bar that you could pull down in the Layers pane that would serve as the "paste below" threshold - all pasted objects would appear just below that line until moved elsewhere.

A different way of helping deal with the problem would be to always paste *just* above the selection (if nothing is selected, it goes at the top). All I know for sure is that the current "always paste on the very top" behavior is a time suck and a nuisance.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Sorry,  I got confused and thought of giving you the alternative of copy-pasting.  I would suggest submitting your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests on our XD UserVoice platform.

I will also make sure to share your feedback with the team for making improvements.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Whit,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your concern. However, this is working as expected. By default, Duplicate will maintain the Z-order, while Copy/Paste will paste on the top. Please see this tweet: https://twitter.com/elainecchao/status/969652308773490688 and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Harshika,

It's funny, you seem to think that you've "solved" my request (and this is a feature request, not a bug report), but you're basically just supporting the reason for it. 🙂 Duplicating an element doesn't relate to the pain point — I'm talking mainly about pasting new elements into the artboard, which is something that I and obviously thousands of other designers do a lot of. A lot.

And it gets really, really tiresome every time I open up the prototype and realize, "oh yeah, I have to move my menu bar group to the top AGAIN." There has to be a better way, and what you refer to here definitely isn't it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,  I got confused and thought of giving you the alternative of copy-pasting.  I would suggest submitting your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests on our XD UserVoice platform.

I will also make sure to share your feedback with the team for making improvements.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thank you Harshika!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines