• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Preserve scroll position" is not checked but it is still preserving scroll position

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several transition interactions setup on my prototype. I have selected "Preserve scroll position" on a couple that I want that on, but ALL of my transitions are preserving the scroll position even when that option is not selected. I have never had this issue until today. Is this a bug?

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for reporting. When you select Preserve scroll position to a interaction, then that box get checked for all new  interactions ( like it remembers the last change done on it).  Thats why you need to uncheck it for second interaction if you don't want, so it won't continue to be selected.

After making Preserve scroll position on few interactions, may be you didn't unchecked for next interactions you made.

That's why you are seeing it in all interactions.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anita,

I actually know that it stays checked if I checked it for a previous interaction. I have unchecked it for interactions I do not want that functionality on, but it is still preserving the scroll position. I have also gone through all interactions and made sure it is unchecked when I do not want it on.

Here's an example: https://xd.adobe.com/view/a059b46e-5215-444f-981b-2f1fbf5e30ad-f50a/

If you zoom to 100% > scroll down where the header is no longer visible > click on the blue button. You can see that when you go to the next screen on the prototype, you are still scrolled down to where you cannot see the header. I need it to start at the very top of the page in this particular interaction. I even deleted the interaction and created a new one and made sure the "preserve scroll position" checkbox is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Andrea,

I went through the provided link and it worked as preserve scroll position prototype should work.

After making changes, Did you update the link ?

Because am not able to reproduce the issue by recreating the scenario.

Is it happening only with browser links or in preview mode also.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to the very first slide in the prototype (where the link takes you), set zoom to 100%, make sure browser window is shorter than height of slide (this is how I see it on my laptop that I present from). If you scroll down to where you do not see the header and just to the blue button, click the blue button to go to the new slide and you will see that it is preserving the scroll position instead of starting at the top of the slide. If I have the "preserve scroll position" UNCHECKED then when I go to the new slide, I should be starting back at the top of the slide, not scrolled down already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines